Even so, there are things that I love about summer. Here are some (in random order):
- Iced coffee
- The rotation of blooming things...day lilies, yarrow, 4 o'clocks
- Respite from the school schedule
- Planning for the next school year...I love to plan!
- Berries...strawberries, blueberries, raspberries...pies, muffins, cobbler...
- Organizing...closets, drawers, cabinets, even the laundry room
- The beach...I am awed by the ocean; it speaks of the Creator.
- Slow, quiet mornings
- Fresh vegetables...especially in this dish
- Lots of daylight hours
- Buying bargain school supplies in July
- A 1000-piece puzzle on the dining room table
- Reading Little Women with the girls
What are your summer pleasures?
P.S. The fact that #14 and #15 both say birthdays is not a typo. There are LOTS of summer birthdays in our family...my husband, one daughter, my son, two granddaughters, one grandson, my mother, my father-in-law, my niece, me...not to mention numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends...and three anniversaries!