As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Family Photos at Pineapple House


Five years ago, only a few weeks before we moved from The Farmhouse, our friends Frances and Gary gave us a beautiful gift: a series of family photos in the place where we had lived for so long, the home of so many memories. (You can see the photos ~here~.)

We had hoped to get some family photos at Pineapple House one day. 

And a couple of weeks ago, that day came! It was the right time of year (not too hot, not too cold, lots of green and things in bloom) and, since Kati and her family were visiting, we were all in one place at one time! I talked with Frances to see if she was willing and able to come . . . and she was! (Thank you, Frances!) We had a narrow window of time that day . . . after church and before a couple of the grands had a choir obligation. 

I could not be happier with how these photos turned out! I am delighted that we have a record of this moment in time and in the evolution of our family. 


This "real" moment is one of my favorite shots!


Zooming in on the moment . . . 



I love this photo of our "original" family. 


Frances also took some shots of each of our children's families.

Our oldest daughter, Kristin, and her beautiful* family.
Back row, l to r: Alaine (10), Owen (14), Maddie (16), Gavin (18), Ben (12)
Front row, l to r: Brian with Judah (2), Kristin, Macie (5)


Our son Ryan and his beautiful* family.

Back row, l to r: Paul (6), Peter (10), Eve (13), Nora (12)
Front row, l to r: Sarah with Joanna (6 weeks), Ryan with Baby K (1)


Our middle daughter, Kati, with her beautiful family.
*
(Yes, I know I have used the word "beautiful to describe each family! They are!)
Andrew holding Caleb (1), Kati with Baby Ellie growing within


I also love this photo of Ron and me with all of our grandchildren! Each one has my heart!


Such sweetness!
(Okay, maybe all of the shots are my favorite!)


I'm going to end with an Amy Carmichael poem that I have shared before . . . 

O Love Divine, if we can see
In our beloved so dear a grace,
When Love unveils, what will it be
To see Thee face to face? 

 

(Think of it! If we see such beauty when we look at our dear ones, how awesome and beautiful it will be to see His face!)



22 comments:

  1. You have a most beautiful family! All of these photos are treasures. Getting a family photo of our gang is on my list for this summer, too. Family is such a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorrie! Absolutely, I treasure them. So exciting that you, too, are having family photos this summer. Please share!

      Delete
  2. What a treasure to have these lovely photos. And the flowers and trees in the background are splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful moments you have captured in those photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I am thrilled with these moments!

      Delete
  5. That's an amazing (and new) thought to me. My favorite photo of all is the first. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an amazing thought! What a day that will be!

      Thank you, Vee!

      Delete
  6. Wow that last one came out awesome. Even the little ones were looking into the camera. Good job and Kudos to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a feat to get twenty-something people to all look at the camera! Frances is an amazing photographer!

      Delete
  7. Oh, what a precious post. Francis is a terrific photographer. I love all the close ups, but they are all great pictures. You do have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Becki! Frances is a wonderful photographer and a precious friend!

      Delete
  8. Oh Cheryl, what a precious set of family photos! Your friend has given you a beautiful gift that will live on for the ages. I agree with you, your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Ellen, I am so thrilled to have these photos, a record of this moment in time. Indeed, Frances has given us a timeless gift! Thank you for your kind words, friend!

      Delete
  9. Well what a wonderful day or a couple hours to be able to capture all the beauty and blessing of your family. How very special. How good to capture the moments while you were all together. What a wonderful day it will be when we see our Savior face to face. Hard to fathom but resting in the hope of that day! Happy June to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in a time crunch during the photo session, and the whole thing was in a half an hour (or less?). But it was enough to capture this slice of time and I am very grateful for that.

      Oh yes, "What a Day That Will Be!" (Do you know that old song? I remember my grandmother playing it on the piano and singing! A happy memory!)

      Delete
  10. LOVE <3!!!! ~tammy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...