As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, October 1, 2014

gather. {31 days}




I had pretty much decided not to do a 31-day series this year. A month long series is a lot of work. I know, because I have written such a series three Octobers in a row. I wrote about topics that I was passionate about...31 Days to Make a House a Home and 31 Days of Hospitality and CeLeBRaTe!! I didn't think that I could get that excited (31 days worth of excited!) about another topic. 

But then I was shopping a few weeks ago and I saw this plate...


...and it sparked an idea!

Gather. Harvest. Autumn. Hmmm...

Off went my brain in a dozen different directions. Maybe even 31 different directions!





gath·er  /ˈgaTH ər/

(v.) bring together and take in from scattered places or sources



I am going to gather. All month long. 

I'll be "bringing together from scattered places and sources" and sharing what I've gathered. I may even challenge you to gather from time to time. As I gather, I'll actually be touching on the ideas of all three of my previous October series. 

I will be gathering things to make a house a home. 
I will be gathering people and ideas for hospitality.
And I will be gathering things for celebrating. 

gather. will be a simple collection of ideas and inspiration. The posts will be short and sweet...jumping off points.

Won't you join me each day in October and we'll gather together? 


I am joining in with a gazillion other bloggers who are posting for 31 Days!
Click ~here~ to visit...




all 31 days...

day 1. you are here!
day 3. {pumpkin}
day 5. {to worship}
day 12. {a time}
day 19. {His lambs}
day 24. {to clean}
day 25. {teas}
day 28. {leaves}
day 29. {brown}


9 comments:

  1. I'll gather with you! It sounds great!

    You have the best ideas!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked on this in the link-up because I loved your button...and then I discovered it was you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some good things in the making! I wish I were consistent enough to commit but, I know better than to expect that from me.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will look forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be gathering here to enjoy your new focus for this month!

    Lovely idea...

    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it, Cheryl! What a great topic!

    Kim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. found you while web surfing and am happy to follow your gather theme. Now to catch up...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...