As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Adventure Begins

Farewells and have-a-good-summers had been said.

Kate, Kati, and Britni

Bon voyage celebrations had been enjoyed...an ice cream party with Ron's side of the family, a farewell dinner with my parents, and Kristin, Brian, and family.


Gammy, Kati, and Gampy

Kati, Kristin, and Brian (back)
Gavin, Ben, Maddie, and Owen (front)


So Traveling Day arrived, and we rose with the sun. Actually, a little before the sun.




Final preparations were made,





we drove to the airport,


and my baby girl walked away, by herself.




By the time the sun set that night, she had reached her destination.


The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Psalm 121:8


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Edited: The previously dark photo of Kati and her friends was lightened by my dear friend Frances who has amazing photo editing skills. If you don't believe me, check out her photography blog The Little Birds Are Urging Me! (Thank you, Frances!)

3 comments:

  1. Awww, Cheryl. I really love your photo journal of this day (and the days leading up to it). The one of Kati walking away tugs at my heart. I'm so thankful she arrived safely and is in the midst of new adventures. (If you want, I can probably lighten that first photo for you, if you send me the original).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, and commenting. I am glad to hear your daughter arrived safely to her destination. What a wonderful opportunity for your daughter to visit another place, and to experience new adventures through this. I hope your family has a fun Summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely send-off. the photo of kati walking away does tug at your heart. wishing all of you a blessed and wonderful summer, even though you are in different places.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...