August was a whirlwind of comings and goings, anniversaries and birthdays, and not a lot of white space on the calendar. Although my normal comfort zone has a greater proportion of white, who could say no to the wonderful opportunities that the Lord provided this month?
- An outing with my girls and three of my grandchildren at a water park.
- An invitation to gather with other homeschool moms and to meet dear Karen Andreola.
- Birthday gatherings and celebrations.
- An anniversary getaway.
- A visit with our precious son and his family.
- The meaningful baptism day.
- A wonderful day of family fun at the sea.
It was a month to say yes.
At the end of the whirlwind was our first day of school...August 31st, our earliest first day ever! Both student and teacher were ready. September promises to be a full month too, so we're trying to get a bit of a head start.
As I reflect on all that has been, I can only be grateful for all of His gifts.