As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Homeschool and the Germaphobe



I am helping Bekah with her algebra lesson. We read aloud this problem:

The number of bacteria increased by 280 percent overnight. If there were 30,000 bacteria yesterday, how many bacteria were present this morning? 


Bekah wrinkles her nose. "Ewww."

And then, "Maybe they're making yogurt."




That's what they're doing. Of course, they're making yogurt.

And now we can move on and solve the (mathematical) problem.

11 comments:

  1. Bekah is a thinker! I know by now she has the real answer to that problem. Thanks for the laugh this morning! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture though! Ha ha!

    Sarah is not a germaphobe but can get distracted by the details of the word problem, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is a positive attitude! Bright young woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha love it...She has to be right...it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too many! At least it wasn't one of those train traveling west at 30 mph and train traveling east at 55 mph ones...those scramble my brain. I figure all the passengers will get home eventually and that's really the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good laugh! And a that's how I feel about all the sickness going around--multiplying right and left! Your rigatoni sounds delicious and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha! Glad you got that figured out. I love homeschooling. You should hear the stuff I hear from Dear and all he has been reading about pancreatic cancer, etc. etc. Since he's working from home he thinks he can use me as a sounding board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny!!! My sister, Deanie, is a germaphobe!!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing I really love my yogurt. Yikes. I remember when my older brothers told me that cheese was just bugs all squished together. Needless to say, Wisconsin deported them. One now lives in Texas and one in Colorado. A Wisconsin native can't make disparaging remarks about Wisconsin cheese and get away with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...