As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, October 19, 2017

Music From the Birthday Celebration


Music makes great family memories!




We played the song "Sing, Sing, Sing" which was recorded by Benny Goodman the year my dad was born. I suppose the song is timeless because Macie loved it and danced along. So cute! 




Daddy loves music and always asks Bekah to play. We treated him (and everyone else) to a mini concert at his birthday party

First, Maddie (13) and Owen (11) sang "Living Waters" by Keith and Kristin Getty as Kristin accompanied on the piano. 



Eve (10) sang and played "The Lord is My Salvation," also by the Gettys.



Nora (8) sang and played "This Is My Father's World."



Bekah had played the hymn "Face to Face" on the piano. Then a group of us decided to sing along: Mom, me, my sister Linda, and Ron. 


Praise the Lord for the gift of music! 

* Thanks to Kati for recording and sharing these clips!


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it when our family gets together to make music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! I love to sing and this mini concert was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was sweet. The last song, Face to Face, brought tears.

    Thank you for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that so many of your family can play the piano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! All of those years of piano lessons have paid off!

      Delete
  5. Yes, praise the Lord for the gift of music, and for such a beautiful family. I enjoyed the yes so much, Face to Face is a favorite of mine.
    Have a blessed day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for the gramma mistake, I meant to say hymns. My keyboard has been acting up lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kids are all doing well with their piano playing--and even able to sing as they play! The Living Waters Getty song is new to me I think. They are coming next weekend to our church for a reformation day concert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are doing well!

      How exciting to have the Gettys in concert!

      Delete
  8. What fun and joy to enjoy music together and to sing together. I thought little Macy was dancing in the still from your other post. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is lots of joy to be found in singing together!

      Macie loves music!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...