As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, December 7, 2017

Pineapple Gift Tags | A How-To




Several years before we moved to Pineapple House, I had been poring over Nora Murphy's Christmas e-mag*, and amid the dozens of beautiful holiday images I caught a glimpse of a gift tag stamped with a pineapple! 

~ source ~

I don't know about you, but finding just the right gift tag can sometimes be a struggle, so right then I decided I wanted to make some pineapple gift tags of my own.  The hunt was on for a pineapple stamp (one that looked colonial, not island-y)! 


I found one just before we moved. So last year, appropriately, our first Christmas at Pineapple House, I was ready to create some pineapple tags for our packages.




They are so easy to make! Here's how!

Gather your supplies: 
 • stamp of your choice  
• ink pad
• cutter or decorative scissors
• card stock
• hole punch
• ribbon, string, or jute
• fine-point Sharpie marker


Press your stamp onto the ink pad.

Firmly press stamp onto card stock, being careful not to move it.

Cut your desired shape. 
(I simply cut mine into rectangles, but you could go all fancy if you wanted.)

Then punch a hole in the corner and tie a piece of ribbon or string.


Using a fine-point Sharpie, write your message.

And you're done!

I loved these plaid fabric bags I got from Target last year! They were perfect for holding stocking stuffers and gift cards.




Pineapple gift tags will be under our tree again this year . . . and the next . . .

24 comments:

  1. Love those! I also love the plaid ribbons, tied on the brown craft paper packages, and the plaid gift bags!

    These are so simple and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna! "Simple" and "cute" are what I strive for! :)

      Delete
  2. You’ve found a classic! Do you also decorate with pineapples at Christmastime? I think that you must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I no longer have to be on the lookout for gift tags! Apparently, I am hard to please. So many gift tags are trendy or cutesy or Santa-ish . . . and I am neither of these things. :)

      I do decorate with pineapples at Christmastime! A couple of years, I made those Williamsburg-style arrangements. (You know those cones with apples and boxwood and a pineapple on top?) But that is perishable and you have to do it at the last minute. So now I use several faux pineapples in my decorating.

      Delete
    2. My sister has always had a formal fireplace (blessed gal) and it was my idea one year to have her decorate with pineapples in a formal symmetrical way. She may not have forgiven me yet for the perishable part came into play and the fruit flies... She’ll be happy to know there are faux pineapples...maybe...maybe...

      Delete
    3. Eek! Fruit flies!

      In some cases, faux is best! :)

      Delete
  3. Cheryl, your pineapple tags are just perfect! So lovely with the brown paper and the plaid ribbons. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha Ellen! They fit our style, I am just going to stick with them. I am not a trendy gal! :)

      Delete
  4. I love these! They are perfect. Whenever I see pineapple folk arty things I think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so perfect for your home, Cheryl!! It's not always easy to find just the right image. So glad you found this one. Lovely packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy! You're right . . . that's why it took me a couple of years to hone this idea after I first saw the pineapple tag in the e-mag. It's a simple idea, but it only works if you love your stamp!

      Delete
  6. Glad you found just the right stamp! Lovely. Those bags are great, too. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! I was thrilled to find those bags . . . and even better, they were on clearance! I think I paid 25 cents for each one!

      Delete
  7. Love these tags and so perfect coming from YOUR home! My DIL's family uses cloth bags for wrapping each year--recycling them. I guess that would be easy, but I do love the creativity of gift wrapping--when I have time--yours are lovely under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dotsie! If your lovely table settings are any indication, your wrapped gifts must be beautiful!

      Delete
  8. What a great signature gift tag from The Pineapple House! Glad you found just the right stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun seeing all the pineapples under the tree! :)

      Delete
  9. I love these beautiful gift tags, Cheryl...such a simple way to add your personal touch to a gift...and what's not to love about tartan plaid gift bags and ribbon? Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! I love that you can vary this idea to create your own personal statement! I wonder why I never thought of this before I saw that little inspiration photo!

      Delete
  10. Oh yes, I agree with Lorrie, a great signature tag from The Pineapple House. Such lovely photos of your beautiful presents.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...