As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, September 21, 2026

An Overdue Chat

 


“But the LORD is in His holy temple. Let all the earth keep silence before Him.” 
~ Habakkuk 2:20

(Loved studying the book of Habakkuk in my ladies’ Bible study recently!)




Good Monday morning! I am popping in to say hello, but without a myriad of excuses for my lingering absence. Let's just say that I am still slow . . . still enduring . . . and still finding God to be faithful

Autumn is tiptoeing in and I am ready. My friend Barbara and I celebrated our end-of-August birthdays a few weeks ago with (iced) PSL's. I clipped several bunches of limelight hydrangeas wearing their autumn blush and I have placed them in crocks and pitchers around the house. Ron and I spent an afternoon driving all over the county for the "right" color of mums. Bekah has begun her new job as an instructional assistant at a Christian school. Now I am waiting for the temperatures to feel more autumnal to match our activities. I am ready to make soup, wear a sweater, and take a fall foliage drive. 




It is hard to believe, but it has now been over a year since Ron retired! It has been a year for learning to balance work and projects and service with rest and quiet pursuits. He has several projects on his fall to-so list, and then he will take a break from projects for the holidays. 

One of my own projects is clearing off and reorganizing my library shelves. When I finished homeschooling in 2019, I was not ready to get rid of any books. Seven years later, I am somewhat ready, so I am going with that. Bekah has put aside some books for her future children. I have passed along some to my other children who are all homeschooling themselves. I have offered some to friends. And I am donating some to a local thrift store that benefits the homeless community. I am approximately halfway, so I need to keep on keeping on. 

What do you have on your want-to-do or need-to-do lists for autumn? 





I will try to visit you, my blogging friends, over the next few days! (I hope that the Blogger Dashboard will behave and show me your posts. It has been a little glitchy of late!) 

I hope you're having a lovely September! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...