As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, October 18, 2009

Too Much of a Good Thing?

Isn't autumn the best? From the cooler temperatures, to the bursts of color, to the new nut brown sweater I received for my birthday, to the return of soup to the menu, I love it!

All during the summer, I am watching for signs of autumn. The appearing of the reddish berries on the hedge is the first sign...in July! The shortening days and the display of school supplies in the stores say "fall is coming." And then the first mums and spicy pumpkin candles appear and I succumb. Time to put away all that speaks of summer and fetch the box from the attic ask Ron to fetch the box from the attic that contains everything that speaks of fall. (And fall does a lot of speaking around here.)


Autumn is in every room...

Living Room


Dining Room

Kitchen
(even the) Bathroom ;-)


...and outside too.


So it has happened that I have something extra that I'd like to give away! If you'd like a little something new to add to your autumn decor, then check back in later today for details on my Fall Giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. I love fall. It is the best time of year. I need mums!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What prettu decorations!! I am just visiting from Kristins blog... she is such a delight to me, I knkew her mom had to be someone pretty special as well!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, thanks for stopping by...and for your kind words! Glad that you are cyber friends with Kristin. She has wisdom far beyond what I had at her age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, yes, Linda...fall *is* the best! I am asking Kati to send you a copy of the rosemary bread. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have memories of being in your beautiful home in the fall. Love that windowbox filled with harvest goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...