As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, September 1, 2011

Scattered Thoughts On a Thursday Morning

  • Summer colds are annoying.
  • Fall is coming.  Autumn is my fav-o-rite season of all.  The start of a new school year, fall foods, the teapot back on the stove, pumpkins and mums, cooler temps, warm colors, pumpkin spice candles, and a new season of Jeopardy.
  • Remember this post?  Well today she is ONE!  Oh, that Alaine is such a delightful baby!  (And being a Gran is a wonderful thing!)
  • "It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him." Lamentations 3:22-24 




2 comments:

  1. The Lord is my portion. One of my favorite meditations...

    You've been ill? So sorry! It's been going around here but hasn't touched our house... yet. And in this you still have the fortitude to be excited about the new school year? Wow. Now I have no excuse. I really need to get busy. Not much left to do, but I do need to do it! :)

    Happy Birthday to your little beauty. I love the birthday outfit. So very feminine! Just right for a birthday princess.

    I'm praying for your full recovery Cheryl, so you can get on with the fullness of blessing your family.

    Air Hugs (don't want the germs ;), Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy and Blessed Birthday to Alaine, and yes being a Gran is a wonderful thing. What a wonderful scripture today, am always so encouraged when I read it..
    I am so ready for fall and we are seeing some signs, cool mornings, warm days, and then cool nights, just my favorite season of the year.
    Enjoy this special day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...