As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, April 22, 2013

The Road to a Friend's House is Never Long


When I got up this morning, I thought it would be an ordinary sort of day.  Tidying the house from the weekend, homeschooling, laundry, meals. The usual.  

This afternoon, my phone rang.  I thought it was Kati who was running errands after work.  It was not.  

SURPRISE!  

It was my friend Deanna!  She and her crew were on a field trip to Assateague and wanted to know if it would be okay to come and see us before they drove back to Pennsylvania.  Okay?  Of course...we'd be delighted!!   I warned her that I had a cold.  She warned me that her hair was windblown.  She told me not to worry about the house.

Again, we picked up where we left off last time.  I love that!  


Friends!


Deanna (center); her daughters Sarah, Rachel,and Lindsay;
her son Kyle; and their friend Sarah (back left)

We are already planning another visit to their home in the fall.  (Unless another surprise visit happens before then.)  


Because the road to a friend's house is never long.  

5 comments:

  1. What a treat for you. Such surprises are a blessing and such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sign of true friendship! The surprise visit that is. Now that's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being spontaneous!

    I loved getting a chance to see you all and get a hug!

    Thanks for the tea!

    Love you friend!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love surprise visits! How wonderful! Looks like such nice friends!

    LaDonna
    Gracious Hospitality

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...