As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, May 9, 2014

A Personal Photo Challenge {Colorful}


I am popping in from our project vacation week to join Donna's monthly Personal Photo Challenge. This month's focus is "color" and I had to go no further than a few of the projects we've been working on.

All photos were taken with my Canon Rebel T3.

This first photo was posed. I wanted to feature complimentary colors in this one, so I asked Kati who was wearing a jade green tee, to serve as the background to a red geranium. See how this red pops against its complimentary color? I used PicMonkey to increase the shadows, but that is the only editing that I did.



The cheery red patio umbrella sure provides a pop of color in our backyard. Again using PicMonkey, I cropped the photo, increased the saturation just a little (too much saturation made the umbrella glow!), increased the shadows, and sharpened.



This last one is a repeat, but I thought it fit the theme so well with its array of bright colors! This photo is straight out of the camera, taken with the "close-up" setting in order to focus the foreground.



Thank you, Donna, for another month of challenging me to use my eyes and my camera to see new things!

Click on the button below to see more...

A Personal Photo Challenge

14 comments:

  1. Lovely color for the challenge, Cheryl. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely photos, Cheryl!I agree...that red just pops against the teal. I love the way you have your umbrella planted in that pot...what a cool idea. I planted geraniums today too except mine were pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices. I love red with teal. And red enhances every photo it's in. Hope you're getting a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosto principalmente do vermelho das cadeiras e do guarda-sol!
    Parabéns!
    Um abraço!
    I especially like the red chairs and umbrella!
    Congratulations!
    Hugs!
    Egléa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I love the last one not only for the wonderful colors, but for the story it tells. (Forgive me for wishing that your newly-painted room would be on the docket.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty photos! I love red, especially that umbrella. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seldom use red indoors or out, but it sure does attract attention, particularly against the aqua background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of complimentary colours. Those geraniums really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that pose is a favorite of mine- kids hands holding something growing- Those geraniums are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colourful photos. The reds sure do POP!! We won't be planting anything here for a while.. such a late cool spring...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful colour around your home in Spring Cheryl.
    I love how with each of Donna's challenges, she pushes us to step outside our comfort zone and try something new! I've learnt such a lot along the way!
    Happy Mothers Day.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos of colour! Love the red and teal, such a great mix. The red umbrella really stands out in your yard - so bright and cheery. The last photo is full of spring colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous selection for your challenge..The red on each photo just pops.. Wishing you a HAPPY Mother's day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are terrific examples of how the color red can really bring some excitement to a photo. Great idea to use color contrast in the first one! Thank you for popping in and joining the challenge this month, Cheryl, despite your schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...