As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, November 11, 2016

Sunday Snapshots: November Birthdays


October's Gathering the Moments...in November?

Sunday Snapshots...on Friday?

Yep. That's how I roll!



Last Sunday, we gathered to celebrate the November birthdays in our family:

Kati's 23rd


our grandson Paul's 2nd

and our grandson (and Paul's brother) Peter's 6th.
























Kati loved sharing her celebration with her nephews this year, the first year that they have lived here on their birthdays. 

She told me to go fun and bright with the party decor, so that's what we did. Orange all over! Including the balloons which were a real hit with the children. (Their parents left the balloons here at Gran's house.  ~smile~)

One of the highlights of the party was watching little Paul open his gifts. Oh my goodness. He was adorable! All of the other kids were coaching him ("take out the tissue"..."now tear off the ribbon"..."now tear open the paper") and he was delightfully slow. He was thrilled with every step and clapped his hands with excitement. He clapped his hands again when he blew out his candle. So precious! 


It has worked well for us this year to celebrate all of the month's birthdays on one Sunday...two in July, six in August, one in September, two in October, three in November. Before you know it, we will be celebrating the December birthdays! Don't the months fly by? 


13 comments:

  1. How did Baby Paul arrive at two already? Now that alone is a fine example of how time flies. Happy Birthday to Kati and the boys. Your family times are always a celebration. What? Those parents did not take the balloons home in the car? Ha! Smart thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely family photos. Getting together for birthdays is such fun. We're having a double celebration on Sunday here - our eldest daughter and our daughter-in-law. How quickly those little ones grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I always say this, Cheryl, but what wonderful family photos! Happy Birthday to all! It is so much fun to get together as a family, isn't it. Those times are precious. And yes, time is definitely flying by! Our unusually warm and snowless November this year is fooling us into thinking that surely we have a lot more time before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such GREAT pictures! Happy birthday to them all! And I can just imagine...little Paul is just adorable! Such a fun age. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like Judy, Cheryl, you always take the most wonderful family photos! How precious each moment is that you have captured. I'm so happy for you that your whole family lives close by. Balloons are so much fun for the kids and it looks like no popping occurred. My husband's uncle always called balloons "a bag of tears". No tears here! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family knows how to throw a great party! I love seeing how much fun Paul had opening his presents! You have stunning grandkids!

    Happy to see beautiful Kati too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post! Lots of smiles and now lots of happy memories! I couldn't help but notice that gorgeous tree seen through the windows of your sun porch. What an amazing view you have!!! I would linger all day in that room if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable for sure. How very sweet to be able to celebrate family together. So much love and goodness here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orange decor is PERFECT! Caught my eye right away. I echo what most of the others said - the photos are wonderful! And your description of the youngest celebrant made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous pictures. Love the orange colour theme. What a wonderful family time you must have had. You got some great shots of those cute grands!!

    Happy day...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the photos of your sweet November birthdays. The decorations and the cake and the happy smiles as gifts are unwrapped are precious. And your lovely Kati! Happy birthday to all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos of a fun party! Love all the orange decorations and the duple/lego wrapping paper! You must have a bucketful to overflowing of memories you are collecting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...