As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Sunday Snapshots: Loving Our Dads


Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.
Psalm 127:1a



Our special day for dads was full. 

We had a full house. Twenty of us gathered to celebrate fathers. 

Our tummies were full. We had assembled our own deli: an assortment of breads, meats, cheeses, and toppings; pasta salad, potato salad, and chips. And then there were desserts. 

The day was full of special moments. A baby climbing into the blanket basket. Little girls in matching dresses. A little boy wearing a tie. A game that everyone could play. My dad's hat hanging on the closet door knob. Tokens of love exchanged. Cousins playing together. Wrapping paper antics. A photo collage of the fathers of every person present (hastily assembled by Kati because her mom had a last minute brainstorm). Moments of connection between generations. Children asking to help serve. Beautiful music by Ryan and Sarah. 


Of course, there were the family photos . . . 



THE DADS and THEIR CHILDREN
~2017~






And then there was this one:

Because the house was also full of fun! 


26 comments:

  1. Good for you! Looks like a wonderful occasion. (We celebrated on a smaller scale with my sister & her hubby on Saturday evening....) We celebrate "life with father" every day as we do life together here...Very thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, you are honoring your dad every day!

      Delete
  2. My goodness you guys have the most fun! I love every photo and especially the last one! So cute. Each expression is darling.
    I love your last minute collage of the dads in your family. Your attention to detail is inspiring, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha Ellen! In spite of my last minute tendencies, we do have fun. :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE it as always! Your celebrations are always so heartfelt and warm Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful family memories. That's a new pose with dad being held across his kids! I love your straws and all the other touches you added for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Love that last shot. What a neat idea to take each of those photos of the father's with their kids. Sounds like a full good celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to look back at the annual "mother and children" and "father and children" photos!

      Delete
  6. Such a wonderful family gathering to honour the fathers in your family. The photos are definately worth a thousand words each. The one of your Dad and your grandson reminded me the importance of the legacy of family from one generation to another. Plus I love the merriment in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too, Sally! I am happy to capture that moment!

      Delete
  7. It sounds Walton Family wonderful, Cheryl! Do you ever have your blog made into a book? That would be so great i think. I keep meaning to do Shutterfly books. Lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I have considered making my blog into a book. I have soooo many photos though. I'm not sure if it would be cost prohibitive. Have you ever had one made?

      Delete
    2. No, I've never done it for the same reason. So many photos! :-)

      Delete
  8. Oh...that last picture is awesome! Brave man, he is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all of the photos but especially the last one! Looks like you had a house full of family celebrating and honoring the men that strive to fulfill that high calling of fatherhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. It is a high calling, Lorraine. Men who do it well are worthy of honor!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful family collage! That last photo is so fun. Brave guy, your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful family you have. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...