As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, August 7, 2010

Grow Old Along With Me

Growing older? Yes.

Quite a few years have passed since a young mother took her baby to have his photo made.


And since this boy wore the Roy Rogers sweater he loved and grinned for his school picture.


It's been a while since the boy proudly clipped his rabbit's foot to his belt loop and posed.


It's been a number of years since this young man looked ahead at his future and wondered what God's plans for him would be.


Quite a few years have passed since the young man found his soulmate took her as his bride.


Yes, we're growing older together. But as you mark the passage of another year, I say to you:


Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in his hand
Who saith, "A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!''

(Robert Browning)



Happy Birthday
to my one and only!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious, Cheryl. How precious! I LOVE this birthday tribute to your Dear Man. How sweet are these vintage pictures? Baby Ron, Young Ron, Newly Married Ron, and today's Ron. How kind of God to bring both of you together. If there was ever a couple who truly "belonged", it is you. Happy Birthday, Ron! Gary and I have so much admiration and respect and love for you. There is nothing to compare to the beauty of a truly godly man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa looked cute when he was a baby.

    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Papa.
    Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...