As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, August 2, 2010

Let's Prioritize

Official Birthday Season has begun. July has its share of family birthdays...but August is simply overrun with them! Throw in a few close friends' birthdays, add three wedding anniversaries for good measure, and you have a perfect picture of celebratory craziness!

So someone tell me why I am reading, not one, not two, but three books right now! I pulled Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin from Kati's bookshelf and began to read it. Then an Amazon order arrived with Read for the Heart: Whole Books for Wholehearted Families by Sarah Clarkson, and The Reluctant Entertainer: Every Woman's Guide to Simple and Gracious Hospitality by Sandy Coughlin. And I need to read them all. Now.



I suppose I can fit in a few pages between birthday shopping. Surely Ron and Bekah won't expect dinner every night. The birthday party-ers won't notice a bit of dust, will they? And Kristin is making the birthday cakes this year. Hmmmm...

3 comments:

  1. I'm only reading one book, but I have a long list of projects to be done between baking the cakes and busy weekends and waiting for Baby! Makes the head spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that problem, reading more than one book at a time, I thought I was the only one who did that!
    You will love Lynn Austin's book. I read that one and I'm currently reading, Though Waters Roar. I love all her books, she's one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah's book is wonderful!

    I almost always have a few books going at the same time. I've told my family I think I have reading ADHD. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...