As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Snapshots: Triple Birthday Party 2012


When three generations of women 
celebrate birthdays within a span of eleven days

they decide to get together and
the cake and the attention and the laughs and the food

and have one big party!  


Today was the day! 


This year's theme was cupcakes.  
(We are three women who love a theme!)

I totally copied Vee's jar of zinnias, mint, and rosemary!  
(Thank you for the inspiration for our party table, Vee!) 



We had a delicious salad lunch...
chicken salad, a colorful tossed salad, Caesar pasta salad,
mixed fruit salad with custard sauce, Caprese salad.
(I'm afraid we're not going to get skinny eating all these yummy salads!)




We visited and gave gifts and watched darling baby Isabel walk.

And, of course, we talked.  Quite a bit.

And laughed.  Oh indeed we did!  

(In fact, I got permission to tell you one of the funny stories. 
I'll tell you about it later this week.  I think you'll laugh too.)





Here are the birthday girls!





We only had to blow out 24 candles between us.

If we had each had a candle for every year, we would have had
157 candles!

(But we didn't want to set off the smoke alarm.  Yikes!)


And thus ends the crazy August Birthday Season.






4 comments:

  1. Well done! Ending on a high note I see... Happy Birthday to three lovely gals. It must be so much fun to celebrate year after year together.

    You set a lovely table, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your FUN day with us!! The table was lovely! Great pictures too! Happy Birthday to all three of the lovely ladies! What a way to spend a Sunday! Oh so much FUN and MEMORIES!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,
    It looks wonderful! What a delicious celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to all! Such a lovely celebration and sweet photos too! Our August is full of family birthdays... 8 of them from August 4th to Sept 3rd.

    Fun stopping by to visit with you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...