As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, January 23, 2014

Would you like to join me in "Gathering the Moments"?



For nearly a year now, I have been "gathering the moments" of each month. Last February, I made a few collages of the month's highlights, and I found that I liked the way it caused me to reflect. Thus began a little ritual of collecting the moments and making a record. 

(If you'd like to take a peek, they're here... FebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptember, October, November, and December.)

Some of you have expressed an interest in joining me with your own monthly reflections, so I am going to create a gathering place.  

At the end of each month, I will have a link-up for you to share the highlights of your month in photos. You can share two or three pictures, or two or three collages. With words, or without words. It's all up to you. It will just be a way to reflect and share and connect. 

The first link-up will begin on January 31, but I will leave the link open for a week.

What do you think? Would you like to join me in "Gathering the Moments"?  

13 comments:

  1. Great idea, Cheryl! Will be able to join you eventually. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would , I like the title Gatering Moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like a fun idea. I'll see if I have enough/any photos each month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed looking at all the snapshots from last year. Wonderful!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a wonderful idea but I don't know if I have enough good photos. Maybe it will show I am not gathering enough of the moments in our lives. Mine are all sewing projects, lol. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I'd like to join in. I've enjoyed peeking in on your gathering posts these last several months.
    I assume you are referring to photos from blog posts over the past month?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh phew! I can do my January wrap-up tomorrow. Thanks, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...