As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Thursday, November 6, 2014

Books for Christmas!!


After posting for thirty-one days straight, I feel all talked out. Add a very full weekend on the heels of thirty-one days, and then add the fact that I now have time again to read other blogs, and there you have it. A quiet(ish) blogger. 

But...I don't want you to miss out on this, so I am taking a moment to share a fabulous new resource! 



If you have any children on your Christmas gift list, this FREE ebook will have something for you! Kristin, "book enthusiast and mom of 5" (and yes, my daughter...but that's not why I am recommending this ebook!), has compiled a list of excellent books that would make quality gifts for the children in your life. These books are tried-and-true, books that have been loved by one or all of Kristin's own children, and by Kristin herself. (Don't you think it's important for the reader - or giver - to love the book too?) 

Just before Kristin released her ebook, Ron and I were having a discussion about Christmas shopping. I was bemoaning the fact that I had not purchased a single gift so far. "Why don't we have a theme for gifts this year? Maybe it could be a book Christmas." True story. So I will be drawing inspiration from the ebook...although I will have to check to be sure that my grands don't already own the books we choose!

To download your own FREE copy of Books for Christmas:What to Buy the Young People in Your Life, click ~HERE~.




I'll be back on Saturday with a week's collection of photos. During the month of November, I am participating in Kati's third Photo-a-Day Challenge. I'll be taking my photos every day, but sharing them together in a weekly post. 

Here are the prompts...


A challenge like this causes me to look for new and different things to photograph, or even simply new and different ways to photograph those things. Try it! (You don't have to do every one...the rules are few and simple. Thanks, Kati!)



6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of posting once a week for the Kati's photo challenge...Thanks for that tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love giving books! I am going to check out Kristin's book, it sounds like a great resource!

    Glad to see you back!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea! That would certainly make Christmas hopping a whole lot easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Books are one of my favorite gifts to give! And I have a few grandkids who love them like I do so your list will be MOST helpful. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books are terrific gifts. I have a stack ready to give my co-workers this Christmas! I saw your blog on the side bar of another blog I was visiting. I am a new follower and would love to have you visit me at Still Woods Farmhouse and follow along. Thanks for the resource!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love giving books as gifts, I will be looking at these. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...