As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, January 2, 2019

About That Octopus . . .





1) It was not our main course. We went to a party for our family and Andrew's family, many of whom were in town for Christmas. 

2) Kati and Andrew cooked it here in our kitchen and took it to the party. 

3) MANY of us were brave enough to try it!! There were mixed reviews.

Some of us couldn't even look at it!! 🤣


4) My own opinion: I ate a small piece. I didn't hate it. But the texture was a little off-putting. I would not order octopus in a restaurant, but I was glad that I tried it. 

5) Andrew, the only one of us who had actually eaten octopus before (and had loved it, hence the desire to cook it himself), was not pleased with how it turned out. He'd like to try again though!

6) Don't they look happy? 


 


16 comments:

  1. 🦑 It may be that I said too much last time, but I did delete the bit about chewing on elastic bands. 😁 That pic of your mom is so cute!

    Yes, Kati and Andrew make a cute couple! The grins and the glasses are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, you didn't say too much! I just haven't had time to answer my comments. Life has been busy and I am slow!

      (Elastic bands!! 🤣)

      Mom is cute, and she was also dead serious! She nearly disowned my sister and me for trying it. And she said that Ron had moved from son-in-law status to SON because he did NOT partake. 🤣

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure octopus is for the home cook, but good for them to give it a go. Your mom's reaction is darling! Kati and Andrew look pretty happy about something? Is it the octopus or am I just being nosy? ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty happy together! ♥

      It has been a good couple of weeks! Andrew is here for a longer visit this time and his parents made their first trip to Maryland to meet Kati. Both of our families were able to meet and spend some time together. So maybe it's more than the octopus . . .

      Delete
  3. A very cute couple. I like the fact that they have enough confidence to try something "out there" and offered it to both families. Hopefully the sides filled up and satisfied everyone. :) Good catch of your mom's reaction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a "finger foods" kind of party, so there was plenty to choose from even if you didn't eat octopus!

      Delete
  4. Kati and Andrew look pleased as punch to offer the octopus. I would have tried it, but the texture would make me stop after one chewy bite. Love your mom's reaction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The octopus took on a life of its own and became a highlight (or a lowlight for some 😉) of the party!

      Delete
  5. It's amazing how much texture enters into our enjoyment or not, of good. I can imagine the texture! The octopus I had was very small chunks probably sauteed in butter and reminded me of scallops a tad. You all were brave who tried it. Nice to see the two cooks together !! Happy, yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all of us who tried it felt brave! 😁 And, I agree. Texture is a big factor in the enjoyment of food.

      It was great fun though, and especially fun to see Kati and Andrew cooking together and enjoying the before, during, and after!

      Delete
  6. Oh what fun. I applaud Kati and Andrew for giving it a try. I chuckled at your mom's comments. Happy New Year to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a lot of fun with it! (Mom didn't!) Happy New Year to you and yours too!

      Delete
  7. Well, I have to say that the octopus looks good on the plate that Kati and Andrew are holding but not so much in the bag in your refrigerator from your previous post. I try but am not fond of fishy things so I really don't have a desire to try octopus.

    Sending wishes for a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. That bag did not say "eat me," did it? 🤣

      Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  8. Cheryl, I've eaten a number of things that were distasteful to me, just to be polite, including alligator. But I haven't yet needed to be polite about octopus, so until that time, I'll leave it untried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The need to be polite is a great motivator! Let me know if you ever try it! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...