As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, January 20, 2019

Completed House Projects | Befores and Afters


This has been a people week here. . . and people always take priority over house projects and over blogging. So the plan to share completed house projects was delayed, but not forgotten. Let's pick up where we left off, shall we? 



We have lived at Pineapple House close to three years now, and we've been doing projects since we moved in. Not because the house was in poor condition when we bought it. Au contraire! It was a well-built and well-loved home. Rather, our projects are to update and to make the house fit our decorating style and our life style


LIVING ROOM 

Before . . . 
~ the view that won my heart ~

. . .  and after we removed the carpet, painted, moved all the furniture (again), built shutters for the front windows, added a media cabinet, and painted the fireplace surround.



DINING ROOM

Before . . .

. . .  and after we changed out the chandelier, removed wallpaper, painted the room, added a cabinet (until we find the right stepback cupboard), and tweaked the walls several times.




KITCHEN

Before . . .

. . . and after we replaced the refrigerator and dishwasher with new stainless steel models, installed our double oven range, took down wallpaper and painted part of the kitchen, hung a chandelier over the island, made shutters for the windows, painted again, removed wall oven and created a shelving alcove, simplified the wood trim/shelves around the window over the sink, painted (again, but including the cabinets this time), installed bead board backsplash, installed new walnut butcher block countertops, installed an enameled cast iron sink and bridge faucet.





LIBRARY

Before . . .





KATI'S ROOM

Before . . .


. . . and after we painted it. There was not much to do in this room. We'll probably add window shutters at some point. Of course, Kati's personal touch made it her own. 




BEKAH'S ROOM

Before . . . 

. . . and after we painted it and hung a new ceiling fan light. As in Kati's room, there was little else that needed doing, aside from the work of designing the space to reflect Bekah's own style.




VESTIBULE
(OUTSIDE of MASTER BEDROOM)

No before shot of this tiny space, but here is the after. I tell all of the details here



HALLWAY
I don't have a before shot of the hallway, but in my most recent post, I shared the after.


Thanks for joining me on my journey back through our completed house projects! In my next post, I will share our house goals for 2019. 


27 comments:

  1. What astonished me was reading that you had been there nearly three years! If you had asked me I would have said, maybe a year. Where does time go?
    Your renovations have made a lovley home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy?! In one way, it does feel like we just got here . . . but in another way, it feels like home. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. You’ve made the Pineapple House your own! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful ! You definitely have a gift for making a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love before and afters and you folks have done such a wonderful job of making your home what you love. I love the look, too. You have done more in three years than I have done in twenty and I've had an addition and a garage built. I do hate the doing of a project. There's a life lesson in there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love seeing folks' befores and afters too! It's just fun to see how different a space can look through different eyes and personalities.

      Yes, we're kind of fortunate in that we love house projects! DIY-ing was born of necessity in our early years, and now we just SEE things to do. I guess it's a habit. :)

      Delete
  5. Time really flies - I can't believe it's been 3 years already! You've transformed the space into YOUR space, with a definite country vibe! Great before and after shots. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will actually be three years in April . . . but yes, time does fly! And, yes, busy. Here a little, there a little . . .

      Delete
  6. Cheryl, this is so incredible! I wish you could send me your brain chip to insert and use (I wish technology would catch up with this!) after we find a house and move within the next year. I LOVE all the changes you made, love the color, etc. The living room and the kitchen especially are such creative and wonderful transformations! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha . . . you might get more than you bargained for with my brain chip!! But thank you for your kind words and vote of confidence!

      It is daunting (but also exciting) to start over in a new home after many, many years in another.

      Delete
  7. I'll have to revisit this post when my satellite internet connection starts behaving again. Not one photo would upload. Oye. It is so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...there are all the photos! I really enjoyed seeing your changes. Love the wood floors instead of carpeting and the colors you chose. You have some great pieces of furniture and they are featured well. And I agree with Barbara...3 years already? Time flies. Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making the effort for a return trip . . . and thank you for your kind words!

      I know. Three years in April! How can it be?

      Delete
  9. Lovely transformations. You have a great eye for your own design and the way to accomplish it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl, I love seeing your before and after shots! You all have done an extraordinary job of adding the special design touches that make your home even more beautiful. I love your style and look forward to what's next! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Martha Ellen! We are looking forward to some new projects this year . . . although something has happened recently (something happy) that could slow our progress on the house! Stay tuned!

      Delete
  11. We just love before and after photos don't we? I think because we have this inner need to improve things--it's how God made up. I love all your changes, You have truly taken an already lovely home and made it your own. And you're very talented at doing that. I can see things here and there in people's homes or in a store and think "that's Cheryl's style" or "Cheryl would like that." Your house also has rich but sensible color and is refreshing after all the white we see in decor today! Look forward to seeing your next projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I think you're right about our need to improve things. I am flattered that you'd think of me when you're out and about!

      I can't do without my color! :)

      Delete
  12. It seems like it's been eons since I've visited you! I absolutely love the "after" shots...you have a great sense of design and décor and all of your rooms just look so cozy and inviting! I am not at all into the "whiteness" look that seems to be so popular. Love seeing the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your vote of confidence, Debby! (Hey, no apologies necessary! You have had a few things going on, girl!)

      Delete
  13. What a splendid job you did creating a beautiful home. Each room is full of character and shines with warmth and coziness. I have enjoyed mulling over each room and seeing the details. You must be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! Yes, we are pleased and we feel so very grateful that the Lord provided us with this house that so perfectly meets our needs!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...