As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, December 21, 2019

Pineapple House | Christmas Tour 2019



Today is the day that I invite you all over for a little Christmas tour! 



I've been doing Christmas house tours since the first year I starting blogging, so this is my eleventh! When you come in today, try not to notice me over in the corner finishing up my wrapping, okay? Or I might be baking when you arrive. Or practicing the songs for the Christmas cantata. I'm sure I'll be scurrying around, so just come on in and have a look. 

Although . . . I could very well pour us both a cup of coffee or tea and it would be a long tour as we chat our way through. Oh yes. I'm sure that's what I'll do! 





You'll probably come in the back door, so we'll start in the kitchen. 

My Christmas decorating theme this year is greens and fruit. 

Oh wait. My Christmas decorating theme is always greens and fruit, you say? Well, yes. You're right.



I have a mix of old and new in the corner shelf. "Old" is the cornhusk nativity that I have had since my oldest children were small. New are the pieces of redware that I have collected this year. The patterns aren't vivid in this photo. I'll take better photos and show you another time.





Do you love the little LED lights? I put some on this little rosemary tree. (I promise you that they don't look so green in person.)


Fill your cup here! 



This is the new part of the kitchen, the south wall. I promised to tell you all about this last stage of our kitchen renovation, and I haven't forgotten! But this little sneak peek will have to do until January when I'll do a full post. 





Let's bring our hot drinks into the dining room. 


More greens? More fruit?

Yes indeed.



I had fun with my new stepback cupboard for Christmas!



Shall I tell you a story about this little arrangement? 

Bekah and I were working on this vignette. We narrowed it down to the blue willow platter, the pewter candy dish with pomegranates, and the small creamer with berries, letting the pewter bowl of pomanders serve as the star of the show. We decided that it needed to be nestled in greens, so we tried every wreath that we had but they were all too big and the bowl was dwarfed. We needed a smaller wreath. 

Bible study was starting in one hour, but we decided to make a dash to Target! We were planning to purchase one of the Hearth & Hand wreaths. We were thinking about the pretty juniper wreath with blue berries. As we rushed into Target, Bekah picked up a little cedar wreath from The Dollar Spot and I grabbed one too. They were three dollars each.

Well, they were sold out of the smaller juniper wreaths, but we chose a pretty cedar wreath that we thought would work well. It was $24.99.

We made it home with a minute or two to try out our wreath before leaving for Bible study, but . . . sadness. Our smaller wreath was still too big. On a whim, Bekah pulled out her $3.00 wreath and tried it. Hmmm . . . not quite right. But when I layered my own $3.00 wreath on top of it, it was just right! 

So here were are. Our vignette completed by two $3.00 wreaths. 




The light on the sideboard is a recent purchase. I actually paid more than I thought because I misread the price tag. But, despite a little sticker shock, I am glad that I bought it because I love it!







Now that our coffee cups are empty, let's step into the living room and find a comfy seat.





After briefly considering doing something different with the mantel this year, I went with the familiar Della Robbia arrangement. It is so easy to repeat something that works. And with such a short Christmas season this year, I did a lot of repeating! 






This is the wool tree that my friend Barbara and I made in a workshop several years ago. It's in a new spot this year. The cupboard that I usually set it on is out on the sun porch, replaced by the stepback cupboard. You know how that decorating chain reaction goes . . . 



I always put this olive wood nativity that Ryan brought us from Israel in a conspicuous place.





Continuing our tour, we'll take a peek into some of the rooms down the hallway.

Here is Bekah's lovely room . . .






The guest room has some simple touches.




The library has a tree on the desk and some Christmas puzzles, books, and a Playmobil nativity.



The bathroom has a tree and some holiday soap.



We'll walk out to the sun porch, but we won't stay long. It's cold out here! Besides, there's not much to see. I didn't put a tree on the porch this year nor a centerpiece on the table. I filled an old box with pine cones and called it good.





That concludes our Pineapple House Christmas Tour for 2019! Thank you for coming along with me again this year!


Can I leave you with a song that I've been enjoying this Christmas season? I had forgotten all about this song (it's an oldie-but-goodie from 1987) but it just came to me one day and I found it on YouTube and have listened to it over and over. It is a song that is full of JOY about His coming!

"Prophesied! Now alive! Jesus is born!"

32 comments:

  1. It all looks lovely, homey and inviting. Have a wonderful Christmas and a great 2020. ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lorraine! A blessed Christmas and new year to you too!

      Delete
  2. How lovely and welcoming your house is, a place to walk into and feel the peace and joy of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song is a blast from the past! Love it!

    Your home is so amazing. I can’t get ours uncluttered enough to really do a full tour! You really know your style and stick with it and it’s perfect in your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blast from the past for sure! I don't know what made me think of it all of a sudden, but I have enjoyed it!

      Thank you for your kind words! I have stuck with my style for so many years. I like many other styles and enjoy seeing them in others' homes, but I always come back to the colonial/primitive look for myself. (No trend-setter here! 😉)

      I confess to a shuffling a few things out of the picture as I photographed. We live in our house and it is rarely pristine, but that's okay.

      Delete
  4. Cheryl your home is like a picture in a magazine...always beautiful. May God bless your family and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, friend! Christmas blessings to you and yours!

      Delete
  5. Pineapple House is beautiful; your taste is impeccable; loved it all! Merry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am humbled by your kind and glowing words, friend! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  6. What I love about your home is the simplicity of the decorations. You have excellent taste in decorating. Some magazine should photograph your Pineapple home for their issue. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your vote of confidence, Michelle! ❤

      Delete
  7. I always enjoying seeing your home decorated for any season, but especially at Christmas! It's beautiful, Cheryl. Greens and fruit look simple, but elegant. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Martha Ellen! And Merry Christmas to you and yours! ❤

      Delete
  8. Just beautiful!!! Love you home, so warm and comfortable <3 !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tammy! Merry Christmas to all of you! ❤

      Delete
  9. Your whole home is perfect for Christmas time. The way you have dressed it up, is so warm and charming.
    Your kitchen turned out wonderfully.

    🎄 Merry Christmas ⭐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much . . . and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours, Christine!

      Delete
  10. Oh, a cleanly, shining house for Christmas! Thank you for sharing. I know you've said you "live" in your house, and what a treat it is.
    Just one question about your oven, it looks like it is a double oven? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa!

      Yes, we do have a double oven range! Ron talked for years about getting a double oven when our old one gave up the ghost. I kind of wondered if we really needed two ovens. But when our old one finally died and we bought the double oven . . . and then we decided to move . . . well, we loved it so much that it was the only appliance that we did not allow to convey with our house!

      Yes, we love our double oven! The top oven is smaller and it preheats so quickly. It is an energy saver because you're only heating the small space and it is really the one you end up using the most. Most things fit in the smaller oven . . . casserole dishes, cookie sheets, baking pans. But I use both more than I thought I would: for two dishes with different temps, for baking a large turkey or ham, for baking cookies when you want to use multiple pans and just keep it going . . .

      Delete
  11. Your home has such a great flow and everything goes so well together. Love the pewter and all the wood furniture pieces you have that are so unique yet go so well together. The kitchen really came together so nicely with the changes you made. Love it all...every room. Cantata? It's been years since I've heard or participated in a Cantata. Your home will soon be filled with all your loved ones and good noise! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen! We feel like this house is such a gift from the Lord . . . it works so well for the size of our family and how we use the house. I don't think we could have found one better suited to our needs!

      It has been a very long time since I have sung in a cantata! I love cantatas and choir singing in general.

      We had Christmas Part One last night, celebrating with my son and his family . . . tomorrow is Part Two! A very merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  12. Thank you for inviting us in for coffee and a tour. Your home is lovely - very inviting and welcoming. Sending wishes for a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming, Denise, and for your kind words! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  13. Everything just looks so stunning and welcoming at Pineapple House. Magazine worthy for sure. Love it all right down to all the sweet little trees and the studded oranges. I love how you've created all the lovely vignettes and the stories to go with it. Hope you have a most blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosella, thank you so much for visiting Pineapple House and for loving it! You are so kind! I hope that you had a blessed Christmas season as well! Blessings on your New Year!

      Delete
  14. Hi Cheryl, Oh so nice to scroll through the photos and enjoy each room and vignette throughout your lovely home. You are really amazing and it shows everywhere. Cozy and inviting. Sending wishes for a Happy New Year and looking forward to visiting again in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine, thank you for stopping by this morning! I loved taking you through our home (which is such a gift from God!) and your words are way too kind!

      Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

      Delete
  15. Oh how lovely...I just LOVE the quiet simplicity of your Christmas decor...well, actually your decor in general. It looks like one has just stepped back in time... absolutely gorgeous. I am late to the party as usual but thoroughly enjoyed the tour! I trust that your family enjoyed a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debby! You're not late at all . . . you're welcome any time! We did have a lovely Christmas, and I hope yours was as well!

      Delete
  16. A little late but finally here. Your house has such a warm, deep and quiet beauty. I love all your simple but elegant touches. The kitchen looks great! And your new light on the sideboard--perfect! Worth every penny. I bet it looks nice in the evening when you probably have less light around. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I told Debby, you're not late at all! The days after Christmas are so enjoyable as the pace slows down, and I leave my decorations in place until at least New Year's Day. Thank you for coming . . . and for your kind words! I'm glad you agree with me about the lamp! 😊

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...