As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, July 23, 2021

Welcome, Ellie!!


So what have I been doing this summer since I told you that I was taking a blog break?

I went down south for the blessed event!


I think Kati was ready.
(More than ready after a pregnancy with hyperemesis gravidarum and sciatic nerve pain.)

The day before Ellie's arrival ~ last photo as a family of three.


And then . . .

Eleanor Grace
arrived safely on Monday, June 28 at 9:57 pm.

Praise the Lord!

She weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long.

Welcome Ellie!
We are so happy to have you in our lives!







And now they are a family of four.



This dear baby girl may be grandchild #14 for us, but she is 

a new person

a new creation

a new delight!

She is a blessing from God!





I spent three-and-a-half weeks with Kati and family and Ron and Bekah joined me for the last week. I have lots more pictures to share! 

So. Much. Sweetness.

A blog break was surely the right thing to do. I have been busy! But I have been home for several days now and I will be making my way around Blogland this weekend. It's time to catch up with my friends! 



25 comments:

  1. Welcome Ellie. What a blessing.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family on Ellie's arrival, Cheryl! I'm so glad you were there to help Katie and Andrew and Caleb during this special time. I love her name as I've mentioned before. My dear Mama was called Ellie. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your time spent down south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Martha Ellen! It was a privilege to be able to be with Kati and her family those first days of Ellie's life! I love that your mama was called Ellie . . . I think it's such a sweet name and I'm sure hearing (reading) it brings warm memories to mind. ❤

      Delete
  3. How darling Ellie is! (Love her name.) That's the look I have seen a number of times on big brother's face. Adorable.

    All the best to Kati and family. And warm congratulations to you and Ron on the birth of grandbaby 14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Vee! We totally agree that she is darling, and we love her name too! We are definitely smitten. Caleb will be someday. 😉 Thank you for your sweet congratulations!

      Delete
  4. How wonderful! Congratulations to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cherly congratulations...Ellis is gorgeous. Yes a true blessing from the Lord. Have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww . . . thank you so much, Debbie! A great week to you too!

      Delete
  6. Aw - congratulations on this beautiful blessing from heaven!!! Take some time to rest - and enjoy the after-glow of this blessed event!!! What a beautiful little being and I love her name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosella, for sharing our joy! We are in love with this little one!

      I have certainly moved back into life at home in a leisurely fashion. I was a busy Gran at Kati's house (and loved it!), but it takes me a little longer to bounce back than it used to. :) Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  7. This was such a delight to see, Cheryl! What a beautiful new addition to your family circle. Gift of heaven indeed! Congratulations! So pleased you got to spend that special time with your daughter and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention how much I love her name!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for rejoicing with us, Brenda! Yes, I am very grateful to have had the time to spend with Kati and her dear family!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful news Cheryl. And such a pretty name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellie! Sweet baby, and sweet family pictures. And I love those three in a row shots. Congratulations to you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Becki! Oh, she is such a sweetie! I am glad that you liked the three in a row shots. Don't you just love the movements and stretches and scrunches of a newborn?

      Delete
  10. Welcome sweet and precious Ellie! How wonderful that you could be there for 3 weeks. Beautiful name. Number 14...I love how you keep them all special. Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Ellen! It felt positively luxurious to be able to spend that much time with them . . . soaking up those first few days of life, bonding with Caleb, sharing moments with the new parents . . . So thankful!

      Delete
  11. So happy for your family, what a blessing of that many grandchildren. Also, glad that you were able to stay with Katie and be a help to her, how precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, we feel blessed with our many grandchildren . . . each one a treasure! Thank you for sharing our joy, Melissa!

      Delete
  12. I'm late getting to this post, but it was a must read! Congratulations on the birth of your 14th grandchild. I love her name - Eleanor Grace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...