As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, February 19, 2024

Project #3: Blinds in the Sunroom



When we converted our screen porch into a sunroom (you can read all about it ~here~), I was so happy with all of the windows and all of the natural light! Although I knew that we would need some type of window treatment for privacy at night and to keep the sun out of people's eyes at certain times of the day, I really didn't want to cover those windows. And since I wasn't even sure what I wanted, I just waited. No hasty decisions for me. 

Fast forward about a year . . . 

I saw that BLINDS.COM was running a 4th of July sale and we decided to go for it. Ryan and Sarah had ordered from this company several times and were impressed with the quality as well as their customer service. 

After much deliberation (so typical of us . . . or is it me?), we chose Levelor Natural Woven Shades in Spa Cove Tan. They are cordless and have a light filtering liner.

We had paid to have them professionally installed, but when the time came to measure, there was no local installer available and no word on when there would be one. There was also a problem with what we had ordered (the problem was on our end!). With both issues, the company worked with us to resolve the problems and went above and beyond to make sure that we had what we wanted! We would highly recommend BLINDS.COM! 




After they arrived, we waited several weeks to install the blinds because we had two rounds of company in August and that was 
much better than blinds! On Labor Day, after eating our grilled burgers and corn-on-the-cob (see the ladder waiting in the background?), Ron hung all ten blinds in less than an hour! 




Yes, I did love my unadorned windows . . . 


. . . but I also love them with the new blinds! 





There is still plenty of light, but we now have the ability to filter the light and to create privacy in the room. 







Another house project checked off the list! This one, too, was mostly handled by Ron. Otherwise, it wouldn't have happened last year. 





I have one more 2023 house project left to tell you about. Unlike the library refresh and the bookcase in the bedroom, this one was not already in the works before our challenging year began. And unlike the library refresh and the blinds, it was not mostly handled by Ron. 

It was conceived and completed during the year and it was our biggest project by far!

Stay tuned . . . 


24 comments:

  1. Such a great room and it was made even more useful with the blinds. I'm always impressed with your projects and the whole thinking process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen! We do enjoy this room! It was well worth the investment to make it into an interior space. It is well-used!

      Is it thinking or overthinking? Oh well. that is how we work. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your new blinds. They really suit the sunroom. You must be pleased to have another job done. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! It is a relief to me that I love them so much. I was so reluctant to cover those windows . . .

      Delete
  3. The room looks so very good!!! The shades are perfect!!! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Tammy! It is a well-used room!

      Delete
  4. Love them! Perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand you not wanting to cover your pretty windows, but your new blinds look right at home in your lovely sunroom. The color is a perfect choice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Martha Ellen! I was actually surprised that I was so happy with them! Whew . . .

      Delete
  6. Those blinds look great! Thanks for the recommendation of the company you got them from. That's always good to know!

    They look delightful in that space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I, too, find it helpful to have a recommendation from a satisfied customer. I feel like good customer service is a rarity these days, but this company is the exception!

      Delete
  7. Wow, and look at that beautiful tree outside the window for a lovely Autumn display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, that large crepe myrtle is in our neighbor's yard, but oh how we enjoy it . . . especially during Autumn!

      Delete
  8. Your new blinds look great, Cheryl. Light filtering and privacy are important. Glad you had such good success with the company you chose. Kudos to Ron for hanging them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorrie! We had thought that having them professionally installed would be "safer," but it was actually a very simple process (for Ron) to install them so we're happy to have saved that money!

      Delete
  9. I have admired the blinds in recent pictures of your sunroom, and you've made me consider the same for our similar looking sunroom. If it was temperature controlled and used year round, I'd definitely go for it. As is, it seems like perhaps an unnecessary nicety for the limited time our sunroom can be used. If I every change my mind, I will let you know, though! :) I've had good experience with Blinds.com, too. Ordered many cellular shades for our previous house from them. I measured and installed them myself too. 'Twas a little time consuming, but not difficult really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many things to consider when you're making house decisions! Nice to hear of another Blinds.com satisfied customer! And I am impressed that you were the one who measured and installed!

      Delete
  10. The blinds are beautiful! They complement your already-gorgeous sunroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue, for your kind words! We really do enjoy our sunroom!

      Delete
  11. The blinds are perfect and make the room look so modern! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the many windows w/o coverings but the shades (tucked away or pulled down) are lovely. they add a richness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. This comment was languishing away in my "awaiting moderation" compartment. So sorry!

      Thank you for your vote of confidence, Sherry! Those shades are growing on me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...