As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, February 13, 2012

Sunday Snapshots: LUV

Sunday afternoon began with bunches of Valentines...some homemade, some not, but all full of smiles and sweetness!  There were Valentines for Papa and Gran, for Aunt Kati, for Aunt Bekah, and even for Pinky and Puss. 



After dinner, we indulged in Valentine dessert, a double chocolate bundt cake baked in a heart-shaped pan. 



Tiny bookworm shared a book (or two...or three) with Papa.



Gavin, a reluctant photography subject, told Aunt Kati that she could take his picture if she made him a Roman helmet.  "I don't think I can do that," she said.  He asked again.  He asked her a few more times.  "Can you just get me the materials?," he asked. 

Guess who made Gavin a Roman helmet?



Act Three of "Actions Speak Louder Than Words" was performed.  You may recognize the versatile actor, Benjamin, who played the role of Grandmary in last week's act.  This week, he was recruited to play Mrs. Ryland, so the costume designers gave him brown hair with a bun, instead of white.  Below, the girls react to Eddie Ryland (Owen).   




After the theatre, we played Apples to Apples.  Pinky was temporarily on Kati's team. 



I get the prize for the most versatile game player.  I dressed both of the little ones in their jammies, and squeezed in some reading time with the two pajama-clad sweethearts, without missing any turns!  (Maybe that was the prize.  I think so.)   



Valentine cards and treats "to go," hugs and kisses, and piggy back rides to the van...and the end of another delightful Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. Such fun to peek in on the good times in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sunday Snapshots are alway such a delight for me, the photos tell a story of love, and devotion to family. As always a joy to visit.
    Wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day, Cheryl.
    hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very precious times....these will be the treasured memories of all of you.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so neat to see a family read together, play (that's a play on words) together, eat together, and enjoy their time together. Sweet grands. Wonderful actresses. Darling grandparents who are also doting. A fun glimpse into your day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see, you celebrated early. And you definitely have your arms full of wonderful prizes. Congratulations!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...