As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, January 11, 2013

"Glory"


Yesterday, I went out alone to run some errands and was listening to a CD in my van.  I listened to this song, hit repeat, listened to it again, hit repeat, sang along with it, hit repeat...you get the picture!

Such words of truth!  Words that are worth pondering, mulling over, soaking in...


Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:9-11


Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none elseI have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Isaiah 45:22, 23







GloryNicole Nordeman
One day eyes that are blind will see You clearlyOne day all who deny will finally believeOne day hearts made of stone will break in piecesOne day chains once unbroken will fall down at Your feetSo we wait for that one day, come quickly

We wanna see Your gloryEvery knee falls down before TheeEvery tongue offers You praise with every hand raisedSinging glory to You and unto You onlyWe'll sing glory to Your name

One day voices that lie will all be silencedOne day all that's divided will be whole againOne day death will retreat and wave its white flagOne day love will defeat the strongest enemySo we wait for that one day, come quickly

We wanna see Your gloryEvery knee falls down before TheeEvery tongue offers You praise with every hand raisedSinging glory to You and unto You onlyWe'll sing glory to Your name

We know not the day or the hourOr the moments in betweenBut we know the end of the storyWhen we'll see

Your gloryEvery knee falls down before TheeEvery tongue offers You praise with every hand raisedSinging glory unto You and unto You onlyWe'll sing glory to Your name.

5 comments:

  1. I can see why you played that song again and again. I am going to hit play again myself while I go read the post I missed. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Cheryl. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not heard that song. It is beautiful! I love songs with words that have real meaning!

    Thanks Friend!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful when you keep hitting repeat?! Glory! indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Encouraging post! And I had sweet potato pancakes for the first time and they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...