As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Note Card Party: Hearts


 The photos I have chosen for Vee's January note card party are full of heart.  

Around my house, colorful autumn and cozy Thanksgiving decorations gave way to warm and welcoming Christmas decor...but now it's all been put away.  Time for a little winter cheer, wouldn't you say?  I think it's time to gather hearts!





The Lord is nigh unto them that are of broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.  Psalm 34:18




Create in me clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.   Psalm 51:10



Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.  Hebrews 10:22



And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.  Ephesians 4:32









Do you have a blog?
Then you can join this month's party
over at Vee's Haven!

(Click the button for details.)


A Haven for Vee

22 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the little felt one:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in time for Valentine Day ... lovely hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearts - perfect for note cards. I'm liking the one to eat! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's time for breakfast - that donut looks too delicious!! these are perfect for valentine's. great picks. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Have you seen the carrots made into hearts on Pinterest? Oh my! I tried it; it worked.)

    Valentine's Day usually blows by without so much as a nod around here. I should do some subtle lovely things as you have done. I would buy these as less frou-frou Valentine's cards for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...to include the Scriptures, which are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the photos and the scriptures!

    I like don't usually do much for Valentine's Day, as I don't go in for much frou-frou, but I love that you've found a way to do it keeping it in a prim/farmhouse way!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really sweet Valentine notecards. I love your cookie cutters and old jars. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! Cheryl, I want to come live at your house, These are absolutely so pretty, and adding the scripture is the icing on the cupcake.Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely theme! Now pass me the doughnut... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know how much I love your house. The hearts are wonderful and I love the scriptures you included. Perfect for the bottoms of the notecards... But you included a doughnut. Chocolate no less. You certainly know how to get the attention of menopausal women! :)

    I've been 'thinking about home' quite a bit lately which of course makes me think of Cheryl! :)

    Blessings friend, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am such a sucker for a heart shaped anything! Love your selection and verses. They would be great frames up for a wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ♥ it! :)

    Those cinnamon hearts are calling to me... We need to get some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet (no pun intended) heart note cards, Cheryl, and the scripture included, say on the back, or inside the card, would be so fitting. A nice set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I <3 this post! Especially the photo of the rolling pin and cookie cutters and jars filled with hearts. And, of course, the heart doughnut. Is it a Dunkin' Donut? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. These would make the sweetest cards. I love the scripture you've included with them. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea for your theme. They would make fun notecards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, the little felt one is lovely, but I'd have to gobble down #4!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Cheryl

    Lovely hearts made more beautiful with inspiring scripture - what a super idea.

    The first heart is my favourite - I would buy a set of those cards to send my friends and family!

    Are we allowed to eat the bottom one?!!!
    Shane ♥


    ReplyDelete
  20. Cheryl- Great pictures. I visited Vee's blog- wow does she do a nice job with her pictures. Note Card Party sounds like a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...