Perhaps I don't celebrate all of the seasons with the enthusiasm I reserve for autumn. But each season has its own beauty, God has created each one, and He has promised that they will not cease as long as the earth remains...and that's reason enough to celebrate!
Ideas for celebrating winter...
- Enjoy cozy candlelight.
- Make soup. Try a new recipe.
- Watch a video "project": a series, or movies with a related theme. Some we have enjoyed are Bleak House, Anne of Green Gables, the Jane Austen movies, Cranford, Wives and Daughters, Ken Burns' documentaries.
- Drink hot drinks. Set up a hot chocolate bar.
- Put together a 1000-piece puzzle.
- Begin a read aloud.
Ways to welcome spring...
- Give someone a Spring Basket on the first day of spring.
- Incorporate something green into your indoor decorating.
- Buy some tulips for your table.
- Eat a meal outside. Or have dessert and coffee outside.
- Take a leisurely drive and look for blooms.
- Buy some annuals. Fill a pot or a window box with color.
- Hang a bird feeder.
Ideas for celebrating summer...
- Make homemade ice cream and invite some folks to share it.
- Buy new flip-flops.
- Drink a Frappuccino. (Once a month?)
- Go to the beach.
- Go shopping. With a group.
- Eat a snow cone.
- Watch fireworks.
- Eat seafood.
Do you celebrate the seasons? What season makes your heart sing?
*** Giveaway on Monday! ***
This is Day 12 in the series CeLeBRaTe!! Click ~here~ to see more.