As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Snapshots: And Summer Begins


This weekend, we turned the calendar page over to June, hosted a baby shower, and had our first homemade ice cream party of the year.  That means it is officially summer in our world.  

~ ~ ~

Ice cream is served.  
One tub of chocolate, one of vanilla.  Choose your own toppings.
Bekah chose the perfect jewelry for the occasion!


The children always eat their ice cream on the trampoline!  

This little sweetheart was coming back for seconds.  (Her dress bears the evidence of the first bowl.)




We had hoped to enjoy the shade of the new umbrella this afternoon.  But the warm gusts toppled it a time or two, so it was folded down.  

Oh well, these girls knew what to do...pretend to be flowers with umbrella-petals! Gavin came along to join them, mistakenly assuming that they were just cranking the umbrella up and down. "You want to be a flower too?," ask the girls.  Nope.  He did not.  The end of that.   (Do you know any 10-year-old boys who would stoop to being a flower?)


We had some extra guests at our ice cream party this afternoon.  I am not referring to Ron's mom or his sister or his brother or their spouses.  

Pinky came outside and walked in and among us for a while, then settled down in the shade of the chairs.  Moses was on the back porch, keeping his eye on us from a safer distance.  Then a few guests of the insect variety joined the festivities...a Pennsylvania leather-wing and a lady bug.  




I wonder if you can judge the success of the party by the condition of the children's feet?  

If so, then our party was a rousing success!  





8 comments:

  1. Indeed, I would say this ice cream party was a rousing success, Cheryl, just love the dirty feet, a true mark of a happy child.
    Thanks for sharing, enjoy your week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Good times! Good to have new guests as well:) Enjoyed your snaps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the little one with the dirty pinafore and feet needed to be hosed off after everything was said and done, LOL. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dirty baby feet! My husband and I were just recently reminiscing about the dirty feet of our childhoods and how even our ankles would be almost black by the time we were called inside for baths. Looks like the perfect way to kick off summertime fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So did the hose come out? That's the next step. It looks like the perfect Sunday afternoon with family to me. It's wonderful how children can keep themselves amused and I can think of no finer way than spending time being a flower. (Of course, I do understand Gavin's point of view in this.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun relaxing day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little foot! Homemade ice cream has got to be one the best things ever created. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun times....

    We love ice cream.

    I could see the family resemblance of Ron's brother....

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...