As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Snapshots: The First Sunday of Summer


Summer officially arrived this week...and today it felt like it!  As recently as last night, Ron and I sipped our evening coffee together out on the patio, enjoying the birds, early summer blooms, and the warm, but not humid, air. 

But not today. The summer honeymoon was over; the humidity was back. No one was drawn to the patio. Instead, we brought some of the blooms inside, enjoyed the sounds of the children laughing and playing (and watching some AFV on Netflix ~smile~), and sipped our coffee around the table. Some of us ate brownies and ice cream for dessert. Some of us ate Kristin's chocolate raspberry cheesecake pie. Oh my. Chocolate, raspberries, and cheesecake all in one cool dessert?  

Summer at its finest.






4 comments:

  1. The humidity is here, too, in full force. (Oh certainly it can't be as bad as there where the memory of humidity in Baltimore circa 1968 remains strong.) I yelped to John, "Get that AC pumping!" I had already hopped out of bed and put on the bedroom AC. The good news is that it should subside by Wednesday.

    Now what kind of young folks are you all that you can have coffee in the evening? Blessed and young for sure! We old folks...well, there's no sense in whining.

    Sweet little face smiling for the camera. Now that's what I like to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ☺ Sounds cool in the inside of the house with the children's laughter and a delicious desert! Pretty baby! Beautiful flowers too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still looking for the sun. We've had the occasional teaser week but lot's of rain and cool. It's supposed to get into the low 80's this week. A friend laughed at me yesterday for complaining about the rain saying that soon we would be complaining about the heat. I pointed out that it's not the heat I'm after, it's the sun. A perfect 75 degrees WITH A BRIGHT AND HAPPY SUN... That's all I want. :)

    Here's to more porch days in our future.

    Hugs (air ones so I don't make you sticky), Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference a couple of days, or a couple of hours makes! The humidity arrived just so fast and so intensely! We are into the "Chance of thunderstorms" each day this coming week. LOL my canning jar of hydrangeas is exactly like yours and the same shade! Hope you have a great week and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...