As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Snapshots: The Little Girl in the Strawberry Dress


The little girl wanted to don her strawberry dress as soon as she woke this morning. Her mama insisted that she eat her breakfast first, but then the little girl dressed for the day.

That afternoon, her Gran oohed and aahed and got out her camera, but the wee one hid behind her mama's legs, reluctant to be the center of attention.

Later, Bekah brought me her camera to show me the pictures that she had taken. The young aunt had supplied a stuffed kitten as a prop, and had convinced the little girl in the strawberry dress to pose for her "photography studio." (Gavin had a bakery, Maddie was a veterinarian, Owen owned a toy store, and Ben was a doctor.)

I am glad that her Aunt Bekah was able to record this...a memory of her strawberry day.  










9 comments:

  1. Lovely little granddaughter! Now you know what you have to do (or WHO you have to ask) to get those reluctant subjects to pose:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bekah has a way with those nieces and nephews...what a dreamy picture that she captured. Sweetness itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little aunt:) Your grand daughter is absolutely lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "little girl" is so cute and so is the Holly Hobbie strawberry dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little strawberry girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful,! That's why we have aunts they can do what no one else can! ~smile~ Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...