As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Note Card Party: Herbs


Again this month, I am joining Vee of A Haven for Vee as she hosts another note card party. (Each participant chooses four photos previously published on her blog that she thinks would make nice note cards.)

Last month, I did not join Vee's party.  Do you know why? We were on vacation in the beautiful state of Maine!  While we were there, we were privileged to meet Vee and her husband John...and that was even better than a blog party, don't you think?  :)



Join me for a stroll through the herb garden...


And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
~ Genesis 1:11, 12



There's rosemary, that's for remembrance;
pray, love, remember; and there is pansies,

that's for thoughts.
~ Shakespeare, Hamlet




How could such sweet and wholesome hours
Be reckoned but with herbs and flowers?
~ Andrew Marvel




'Hot lavender, mints, savory, marjoram;
The marigold, that goes to bed wi' the sun, 
and with him rise weeping.'
~ Shakespeare, Winter's Tale






Do you have a blog?
Then you can join this month's party
over at Vee's Haven!

(Click the button for details.)
A Haven for Vee

13 comments:

  1. I do enjoy Shakespeare but never payed attention to how much he refers to food? Herbs? Hmm.

    I need to get my herb patch growing. I think I mentioned to you last year how much I wanted one. Procrastination is my middle name. ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice!

    I love herb gardens, and the quotes are perfect with your photos!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice herb garden with room enough for large plants. The herbs make lovely note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh...I do love a good quote accompaniment and I had no idea that Shakespeare referenced so many herbs and flowers. Hmmm...obviously, not paying attention in class again nor in reading. You made it all so palatable with this fun post.

    (Oh, I for one was very happy with last month's trade-off!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herbs are a great idea for note cards! We always have a few pots of herbs on hand for our cooking too. And meeting Vee in person is better than a blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful idea for a set of cards! And it was fun reading about your visit with Vee. Wish we could all have a big get together, don't you? hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your herb photos are lovely. I can almost smell/taste them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love herbs - growing them and cooking with them. These are wonderful note card possibilities, especially with the quotations. Shakespeare had lots to say about herbs, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful herb garden Cheryl.They sure make a lovely set of note cards. Of course, meeting a blogger friend is more exciting than a blog party:).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheryl, Thanks for visiting me. I like the Rosemary photo, I can almost smell it, and love the dew hanging off the needles. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos for note cards! I tried growing some herbs last year, but the drought did them in when I finally got tired of all the watering. Well, except for the rosemary. I transplanted it this year into my garden where the heavy rains drowned it out! I guess I wasn't meant to have herbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy you and Vee got to meet, and I love the quotes with the photos. I am enjoying my "blogging break" way too much......but getting lots done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely to be here again. It's been a long time...I've missed you and I'm hoping to get back into the swing of writing again.

    I look forward to journeying with you again here in blog land.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...