As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Snapshots: Celebrating the Dads




This afternoon we gathered to celebrate the dads in our lives (at least the ones who are near)...  






Ron,


my dad,


and my son-in-law, Brian...

all of whom happen to be spectacular dads!


::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::  ::


As an aside...
There was a bit of color coordination going on here,
because we are that kind of (quirky) family.





9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day. I did notice the stripes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the dads in your life. Was the coordination intentional or did it just come out that way?

    (I noticed and liked the "banners". What a great extra touch to your celebration.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Happy family times!

    You have an awesome family Cheryl! And I just have to say that your hair is looking really good!

    Love you!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Cheryl. Looks like a wonderful day with your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely celebration and beautiful photos☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Deanna, love the pictures and love the hair:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all look terrific to me and not a bit quirky! It looks as if the dads have many reasons to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all look absolutely fabulous! We had the strangest of Father's Days... First time ever, the girls and I were away from their dad until 8:00 Sunday night. We found ways to leave our love behind and did our best to spoil him in the couple of hours before bedtime... :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like everyone had a grand celebration! And I did notice that there was some clothing coordination going on, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...