As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Hidden" (Almost Literally) Art


My Bekah (12) knows how to take things "to the next level."

The girls and I made origami boats to add to the nautical decorations for our Father's Day table.



After we made all that we needed, Bekah kept making boats. She decided to see if she could make one with a post-it note...and then a large one...and then a smaller one...and an even smaller one.

By the time she was finished, she had her own fleet.



Did you see this one?



It is quite possibly the world's smallest origami boat. 



Did I mention that she knows how to take things to the next level?

8 comments:

  1. That's the cutest little ship ever! What a great fleet! Very clever gal that Bekah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you pointed out that tiny one because I completely missed it in the first picture. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekah is so adorable, and a very bright young lady. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't imagine HOW she did that last one (or the one before it for that matter)! These are frame-worthy, I think. Wouldn't they looks sweet mounted and matted?

    Way to go, Bekah! (And I am partial to your name, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! How did she ever fold it? She'll have to show Sarah how to do it!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I have always hated origami because I cannot understand it, but I admire others who can do it:) That tiny boat is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious! Terrific pics too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...