As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, March 14, 2015

Saturday Morning Thoughts


This week was a wild ride! 



Full of highs and lows. A week of tissues...for colds and for meltdowns. A week for beginnings. And for smiles and tears. Sunshine and raindrops. Busy schedules for some of us, cancelled plans for others. 



By yesterday, life was a bit more settled.  

 

Late afternoon found the girls and me putting together a casual meal as friends were joining us for dinner. It had been a busy day and we had only a short time to get everything done, but we all worked together, chopping vegetables, stirring soup, chatting and laughing and comparing notes about our days, the music of Michael Card as background. We were busy, but not hurried. 

I totally love working in the kitchen with my daughters. Working together, we nurture our relationship and make great memories.



Now on this Saturday morning, I linger over a second cup of coffee and some unhurried time. Later in the day, there will be some shopping and then preparations for tomorrow's Irish dinner. But for now, I am grateful for moments to be still. I am grateful for His daily grace. 

It is more than enough. 

12 comments:

  1. Yes, well, life can be messy. I learn the most in the messy moments, but I prefer the quiet ones such as you are enjoying this morning. These photos are so lovely...the beautiful bowl filled with cheery pansies...the plates...the salad...most of all the descriptions...ahhhhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daily grace, yes! Life is full of joys and sorrows, and we are blessed to walk through them with the ONE who knows us and loves us and carries us through!

    I love your centerpiece!

    Love you and all of your girls!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life does have its ups and downs, Cheryl. Sometimes I wonder what normal really is. I do prefer the simpler moments--ones that are shared with daughter's helping in the kitchen, meals with friends--ahh that's what is a blessing to savor in a crazy week. My pansies are now revealing themselves around the mailbox that was covered in snow until recently--Yay! I love your pansies in the beautiful bowl on your table. Spring is coming! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pansies here mean winter. And they do their best in early spring until it gets hot. Love yours as a centerpiece, and liked your REAL post. That's how the weeks go. So glad you had that second cup of coffee and some quiet today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daily grace, hourly grace, minute-by-minute. Sometimes it takes one of *those* weeks to show you that it all depends on grace!

    The pansies in the crockery bowl... simple spring. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to read about your days and the peace that came to you through it all. Tomorrow we will have an Irish meal, too, as the kids are taking me to an Irish Pub in downtown Seattle for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pansies look so lovely, and a very welcome sight. I have not seen any here yet. I feel bad that there were tears and disappointment, but as you know, lessons come in various ways. I am sure your family dinner tomorrow will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bowl of pansies you have as your centerpiece. I have a couple of old brown crockery bowls like yours. Isn't it something how when life settles down for us once again, we can look back and be filled with peace, knowing He was there, taking care of everything all the while. Have a wonderful Irish Feast tomorrow...I'm sure it will be delicious! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace! I'm so glad we have a continuous flow of it. Enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible! We own the same bowl! Were we separated at birth? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had some settled moments after the highs and lows. Thank you for sharing your appreciation of unhurried moments. You are a woman of wisdom and fortitude. We like Michael Card's music too, and just happened to be attending the church where his family attended - in Franklin, Tennessee more than 20 years ago now. I had to sigh over your beautiful pansies. It brings spring a little closer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...