As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, November 8, 2015

Home


This morning, Ron wanted to listen to the song that Michael Card sings about home.

Although we have always loved home, this week home has been sweeter than ever before. On Tuesday evening, after sixteen days of hospitalization and multiple medical crises, Ron was discharged and home we came!

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

I will be telling you more of the story in the days to come, as well as sharing some of the things that we have learned. Life has not yet returned to normal, but Ron is feeling better day by day. In the meantime, I want to express my gratitude to you who have left kind words, emailed your concern, wondered about us, and (most of all!) lifted Ron and our family to our Father in prayer. (Thanks to Deanna and to Vee for sharing our need!) 

I repeat for you what I posted on my Facebook page:
We thank the Lord for a hopeful prognosis. But we also praise Him for guiding our steps during these [six] weeks, for the things that we are learning as we trust Him, and for His plan for Ron and for each of us. Would we praise Him even if things had not turned out the way we would like? Yes...for He is good...always.







HOME
Michael Card

Home is a comfort and home is a light,

A place to leave the darkness outside,
Home is a peaceful and ever full feeling
A place where a soul safely hides.

And being in a home should remind you that still
There's a place that's prepared just for you
And I think my home is just Heaven's reflection
As long as my home's here with you.

Home is where someone is waiting and loving,
And happy to see you again,
That half of your heart that somebody else treasures
The one who's your forever friend.

But it seems that He's told me,
The life that He's showed me
Is a life mostly spent on the road
But when the world's empty charm
Has done all of its harm
I know that His love waits for me in your arms.

Cause home is a comfort and home is a light
A place to leave the darkness outside
Home is a peaceful and ever full feeling
A place where a soul safely hides.

And being in a home should remind you that still
There's a place that's prepared just for you
And I think my home is just Heaven's reflection
As long as my home's here with you.

And being in a home should remind you that still
There's a place that's prepared just for you
And I think my home is just Heaven's reflection
As long as my home's here with you.



So happy to have my sweetheart home!!

25 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see your sweetheart is Home! That's wonderful that he is feeling better each day! We will continue to keep you in our prayers. What a long road you all have traveled! Take care of yourself, Cheryl! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Ron is home, Cheryl, Continued thoughts and prayers for all!
    Loved the song, as I was listening I looked at the photo of Ron, there was so much peace on his face, I could tell he truly was happy to be home. Praying for God's continual peace and presence!
    Much love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful to hear Ron is home. I can't wait to hear some of your reflections and what you're learning. Meanwhile, my prayers continue for Ron's complete healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that your hubby is home! I have been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all are home- there is no place better than home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I might have to come back because my eyes are dripping and I can't see... Thank you for posting. Thank you for sharing that song. Thank you for including the wonderful photo of Ron. I look forward to reading all that you want to share. I think that people who have been through it have something special to say. I will pay attention. Love to all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soo glad that he is home and feeling a little better every day! I have lifted you all in prayer. Your faith in a difficult time of trial is in inspiration to soo many! And yes, God is good ALL the time! LOVE the song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy Ron is home and doing better each day. Prayer is so powerful. Keeping Ron and you and your family lifted in prayer.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that Ron is at home and mending. Surely healing is faster when one is at home. Thanks be to our great God.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you and your hubby and wonderful week ahead. There is no place like home. And surely yours, Cheryl, must be one of the sweetest, most comforting place in the world.

    Sending hugs,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no place like home and his healing will progress faster being there with you in a place of love and peace.

    Love, hugs and prayers for you both ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww - yes, home is the best place to be and especially appreciated after spending time in hospital care. Praying that your husbands recovery is quick and that all will be back to normal soon. Such a beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are glad to hear that Ron is home. What an ordeal and so long in the hospital! Praising God with you that your hubby is once again in that wonderful happy place, home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheryl, I'm so sorry I've missed all this and did not know of your trials. I'm glad to read you've had others who prayed and supported you and that Ron is finally home. I will pray for his recovery and for you. My husband was badly hurt a few years ago and it was really hard for me to watch him go through the pain and tough recovery. But God was so incredibly good and our family grew in our faith during that time. Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The picture of Ron says it all. I'm so thankful for answer to prayer and that he is home again and improving. Will continue to pray … three wonderful nurses at his side--how could he not feel better?!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are back home and Ron is doing better. I have missed you and prayed for you and him.
    Blessings, Sharon D.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Cheryl, I wondered where you were but I know how busy life can get. I don't know anything, I remember a post about Ron having surgery but home and doing ok. I will certainly keep all of you in my prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Answered prayers! Thank you for sharing the song.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheryl...praise the Lord! I was so glad to see this post in my blog roll...I know that home seems better now than it ever has, if that is possible! So glad Ron is healing and recovering more with each passing day...and I'm looking forward to hearing about what you've learned along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so happy to see your post and read that Ron is healing and is home! I will continue praying for his recovery. Take good care of him and yourself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanking the good Lord with you on Ron's progress and that he is home with you now. What a hard road you have traveled.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know you both have to be delighted that he is finally home. Will be praying for his continued recovery and for you and your family as well...and yes, God is good...all the time!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...