As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, May 21, 2017

"Come, Ye Disconsolate"


Our dear friend Frances recently introduced us to this moving song, a beautiful invitation to bring our wounds and our neediness to the Lord. Are you disconsolate? Lonely? Comfortless? Discouraged? Wounded? Needy? Let the words of this song bring a balm to your weary heart. 




  1. Come, ye disconsolate, where’er ye languish,
    Come to the mercy seat, fervently kneel.
    Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish;
    Earth has no sorrow that heav’n cannot heal.
  2. Joy of the desolate, light of the straying,
    Hope of the penitent, fadeless and pure!
    Here speaks the Comforter, tenderly saying,
    “Earth has no sorrow that heav’n cannot cure.”
  3. Here see the bread of life, see waters flowing
    Forth from the throne of God, pure from above.
    Come to the feast of love; come, ever knowing
    Earth has no sorrow but heav’n can remove.




Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. 
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Matthew 11: 28-30



6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite hymns. I sang it often as a child, but the meaning of the words really sank in as I got older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten about this song! Seldom hear it (although lately, I HAVE seen that last line of each verse repeated in various places....) I love hearing men's voices - choruses, quartets, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Cheryl, much needed by me this rainy Monday evening, Very consoling for me! Thank you for sharing!

    Enjoyed your Mother's Day post too! How blessed you are to have so many loved ones living nearby!

    I also took a glance at Bekka's room, beautiful, absolutely beautiful!
    Have a blessed week!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful song! I listened to a lot of Indelible Grace in my 20s, and I really enjoyed their version of it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtOsLg5m8Es).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...