As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Final Chapter in the Saga of the Purple Dress


When the purple dress did not arrive in time for the homeschool choir's spring concert, Bekah decided that she would instead wear it to her spring piano recital a few weeks later.

The day after the concert (the last day of the delivery window), the estimated arrival date had unobtrusively changed. Hmmm. Then on the new estimated delivery date, I got an email saying that the package had arrived. (It had not.) I reported the missing package to Amazon and requested a refund. The three-month saga had ended. Good grief.


 But I do love the black dress that Bekah wore to her recital!



For your listening pleasure . . .




Also this week . . . 


We celebrated my aunt's birthday. (This is my parents' home.)


We had our final book club meeting for this school year.


I have also had computer issues. And I waited in line for 45 minutes to pay for my groceries at Walmart. But that's all I'll say about those things. 




10 comments:

  1. What a very pretty dress. Maybe the purple one was never meant to arrive....or maybe one day it will suddenly turn up!
    I have been in that queue too, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! And just the truth of it, too. Forty-five minutes in line? Perhaps you are too patient. 🙃

    Lovely music, lovely dress, beautiful girl! Well done. I enjoyed that.

    You have an aunt like mine...youthful and lovely. Hope that she had a beautiful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that happen with an order I was expecting,though not from Amazon. It was shipped FedEx and the same thing happened - pushed the delivery date back, even though the tracking showed it was on the truck, then they said it was delivered. I let the company I purchased from take care of it. They then began to get my order wrong - 3 times!

    Bekah's dress is lovely and she has become a beautiful young woman! She plays beautifully as well!

    You all do beautiful birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So there was more to the purple dress story! The black is beautiful, as is her playing. 45 minutes is a long time to be in line--you must have done a lot of people watching or something … that queue video is so right on. That seems to always be me-- I never seem to get in the "right" line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bekah looks so lovely in her pretty black dress. I love the sweet flowers that are on the front. I'm sorry about the purple one, but I can't imagine a prettier one compared to her black dress. She plays Mozart like a pro--her hard work shows.
    Cheryl, waiting in line for 45 minutes is really too long! I've always wondered why there are empty registers and long lines at Wal-Mart. You are a patient woman.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my a saga indeed. Love the little black dress! Bekah did a beautiful job at her recital. Looks like a lovely party for your aunt. We've been in party mode here in southern California. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this story!!! Bekah's recital piece is absolutely beautiful - WOW! She looks so lovely in that "not purple" dress. I had to laugh when I watched your stay in queue - such truth! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH..MY...GOODNESS! She is SOOO good! Quite impressive. I LOVE piano in the first place and she just plays beautifully! How fun that would be. And the dress is a stun too! She looks REALLY good in it. So much for that purple dress, lol. She ended up with TWO beautiful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...that Bekah is fantastic! What a wonderful talent she has been blessed with and thank you for sharing her recital! That black dress is really beautiful...who needs that ol' purple dress anyway? Seriously though, I have never had an issue with Amazon. I guess it can happen anywhere. That little video at the end is just the perfect way to describe standing in long lines. I have done just what that little guy was doing so many times! Never forget, your first choice is usually the right one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bekah did a lovely job with her recital piece, but it always makes me nervous when I'm at a recital because I've been that one at the piano. And I've been the one who is playing along, suddenly realizing that I've been daydreaming and having to slap my brain to pay attention and catch up with my fingers (that seemed to be playing on auto pilot while I was thinking about something else!) Anyway...And I loved the Stay in Queue video. So funny and so true. If I have only a few items (no produce) and the lines are long at the check out, I've been known to go to Automotive to pay for my groceries. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...