As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, October 18, 2019

Five on Friday


Gathering some big and small joys of the past few weeks . . . 

{one}

We celebrated the October birthdays on Sunday with a tailgate party theme! 







{two}

There is new construction next door. Having lived in a rural area for thirty-eight years where are closest neighbors were not very close, we have mixed feelings about it. But such is life in a neighborhood and we have enjoyed watching this cute house come up!



{three}

Progress continues on the kitchen remodel! This photo was taken last weekend and Ron has done some painting since then. Next up: finish the painting, make a drawer for the base cabinet, install counter top. We will likely be finished several weeks before our target date (Thanksgiving)!



{four} 

 He's learning to be a house cat. (Do you think he knows that he matches the coverlet? 😉)



{five}

The leaves are turning, the weather has turned (hallelujah!), and I am drinking up October! Last year, I went with white and green pumpkins and gourds for my fall decorating. This year I was feeling orange!





It's been a busy month. I could easily do "Ten on Friday" but then I'd lose the alliteration and some things may not be interesting or pretty . . . and maybe not even my story to tell.

This I know: God is faithful and His grace surrounds our days!


May your weekend be grace-filled!

19 comments:

  1. I love the light shining into your living room. Looks like such a welcome space to gather! Lovely home! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you love little patches of sunlight? I do! Maybe I'm part cat! 😊

      Thank you, Ellen, for visiting and for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. I love the orange pumpkins. So homey and lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww . . . thank you, Kim! Orange called my name this year!

      Delete
  3. Love the orange pumpkins. Your living room looks so inviting. I would love to sit there and chat with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I would love that too! We'd find much to chat about, I'm sure!

      Delete
  4. I like the white pumpkins but I’m always drawn to the orange ones! Your kitchen looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange ones are so bright and cheerful, aren't they? Next year, I may be feeling the neutrals again, but I am happy with the orange this season!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to your father and your grandson! Cheryl, I always enjoy peeking into your lovely home! Your Autumn decor is so pretty. The sheaves of wheat on the mantel makes me swoon as does the light on your hearth! Your darling kitty surely knows a good spot when he sees it! The kitchen remodel is coming along nicely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday greetings, Martha Ellen . . . and for all of your kind words! You are a nature-loving gal, so I'm not surprised that the wheat sheaves and the natural light called your name!

      We are all so excited about the kitchen remodel! The space feels more roomy and inviting, even before it's totally finished.

      Delete
  6. Celebrations at your home are always so warm and inviting, Cheryl, just as is your beautiful home decorated for special seasons.
    Remodeling always has it trials and errors, but always so worth the time and effort..
    Birthday blessings to your Dad and your grandson.

    Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! We do love our celebrations! And thank you for the birthday blessings for Daddy and Ben!

      Oh yes, we have had our share of remodeling projects in our 40+ years of marriage, and you're right . . . they are always worth the time and effort! It is going to make a big difference in our kitchen. I just have to be patient!

      Delete
  7. I like the style of this post! Wonderful!
    And the orange pumpkins are perfect.

    Once we lived across the street of an apartment building that was being built. At first it was annoying but we learned to appreciate the excitement. We were actually say when they were finished.

    Happy Birthday 🎂 to both young and older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. October sounds like a month of wonderful celebrations. So glad the weather is autumnal now. Pumpkins fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love October...one of my favorite months...and as you know ours has been especially atypical to say the least! Happy Birthday to both of those "young" men! And what a super capture of that beautiful kitty on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the weather is being Octoborish and Fallish. Love your orange fall touches and how that sunshine is hitting the hearth décor. Yippee for the kitchen getting done by Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful birthday boys! 😁 I just love the orange pumpkin set in the brown bowl...🧡

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful progress on your kitchen--amazing it may be done early! How unusual is that! Maybe you guys are so experienced, things have gone smoothly. I always like a view of your LR and the orange pops of the pumpkins look great. Our neighbors appear to be building a cottage in their back yard. You never know what will happen next in a neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovey Five on Friday! Your celebrations are so inspiring. Love the quilt on your table and the orange pumpkin in the crock!! I went with orange lumpy pumpkins and a few stripy ones this year! October really is one of my favourite months!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...