The scene tonight...preparing our evening coffee with water from the kitchen sink (not the bathtub), with the coffee pot back on the counter (not in the kitchen floor). Ahhhhhh...life's simple pleasures.
You can see a glimpse of the new wood countertop, and the bead board backsplash.
Earlier, Ron drilled the holes for the faucet. We had needed to wait for a coat of stain and four applications of polyurethane to dry before the faucet could be installed, thus we had been without a kitchen sink since last week.
The sound of running water tonight was glorious. And the coffee tasted especially good.
- Cabinets painted
- Light hung over sink
- Under-cabinet lighting installed
- Farmhouse sink installed
- Bead board backsplash installed
- Countertop cut, mounted, sanded, stained, and sealed
- Made new window sill and bottom trim for window over sink
- Faucet installed
Tasks yet to complete:
- A bit of molding around the farmhouse sink
- Finish repairing the hole in the wall
- Another coat of paint on backsplash
- Make second window sill and bottom trim
- Touch up cabinet/wall paint
- Make new cabinet doors to accomodate smaller space under the new sink
- Make valances
We're getting there!