As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Snapshots: The Great Outdoors

With spring in full force, we returned to The Great Outdoors this Sunday afternoon. 

  • Kati did a spring photo shoot.  First she did some group shots with all five of Kristin's children, followed by a session with 20-month-old Alaine who was in a particularly picture-posing mood today and enjoyed herself immensely.  Kati will try to do individual sessions with the other children in the coming weeks.  Hopefully, she'll be sharing some of these on her own blog soon.  (Hint, hint, Kati.)  You can read Kati's 10 Tips and Tricks to Photographing Children ~here~. 


  • We took dessert to the patio today.  Choices were crème brûlée made by the girls or Little Debbie™ Kite Brownies. 


  • The coolish air and the desire to view Kati's pictures sent the adults back inside.  But the older four children played outside the rest of the afternoon.  They played on the swings, talked Papa into hanging the new hammock, climbed in and out (and in and out) of Brian's truck, bounced on the trampoline, played badminton, and rode the (one) bicycle.  Then they requested a nature scavenger hunt, so we searched the internet and printed one out, and they ended their day together with a quest for seeds and rocks and green things.






I love to enjoy the out of doors before summer arrives with its heat and humidity.  Have I told you how much I dislike heat and humidity?  I feel sure that I have. 





4 comments:

  1. The weather this weekend has been so nice! I'm not such a fan of the heat and humidity either, I get cranky when I sweat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day!

    I hate heat and humidity too! I try to enjoy the beautiful outdoors in the Spring and Fall when the weather is generally beautiful!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heat and humidity is not fun for me either. Ugh.

    I'm off to read Kati's tips...from the looks of her camera, I'm thinking that she's a pro.

    Oh the crème brûlées look fantastic! It's one of my very favorite desserts; I have nothing against Little Debbie either. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your Sunday Snapshots post! This certainly looks like a fun day, reminds me of when I was a child, when we would visit my maternal grandparents almost every Sunday after church. After lunch my cousins, siblings, and I would play all afternoon, we had such fun plundering around my grandparents farm.~smile~
    I am like you heat, humidity and I do not do well, last week was tough with high 90's and humidity. This week seems to perfect, so I will be outside most of the day.
    How is the installation on your sink coming? I am looking forward to seeing it completed.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...