As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Wednesday, November 20, 2019

{30 Days of Thankfulness} Day 20


Today I am thankful for a gathering of homeschooled girls at our monthly book club. 



Even though I have "retired" from homeschooling, I decided to continue with book club again this year. It is a sweet time of book talk, tea and goodies, creativity, and fellowship. I am blessed to have these girls in my life! 


10 comments:

  1. A fun and wonderful decision in my book! What’s not to love about discussing books, enjoying tea and fellowship? Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And two of my granddaughters are in the book club . . . even more reason to continue!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the girls are thankful for you to open your home to these discussions of books you all review, Cheryl! That cake has my mouth watering. Boy does it look yummy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all enjoy it! That beautiful cake was made by one of the girls. It was gluten free and delicious!

      Delete
  3. Sweet. Sweeter than but akin to me going to high school soccer games after my boys were in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things you're just not ready to let go, right?!

      Delete
  4. I don't see any evidence of books in that photo (wink) but that dessert looks positively sublime. Glad you can carry on with that sweet time of fellowship with kindred book lovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean! Actually, the books were still in laps while we were preparing our tea and filling our plates. First things first? 😊

      Delete
  5. I am thankful you are still doing this!!! Our children need the encouragement and gathering!!! <3 Such a treasured thing for you to do!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a delight to be able to continue! Thank you for your encouragement, Tammy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...