As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Tuesday, November 19, 2019

{30 Days of Thankfulness} Days 18 and 19



Day 18 and 19: 

I am thankful for travel safety, overdue hugs, an unexpected meeting with friends, a grandmother visit, a big pot of vegetable beef soup, catching up, planning, lingering conversations, laughter, coffee stops, car rides, company in the kitchen.

It is good to have our sweet girl home for a visit. 

(Andrew is working and will be coming later. We can't wait to see him too!)



8 comments:

  1. That's a great big list of many wonderful things to be thankful for, Cheryl! I expect you are bursting with joy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that I had missed one! So you traveled to Kati’s world to fetch her? Did you do all the driving? Sounds like a happy trip to me. How fun to be together for the week prior to Thanksgiving. Lots of planning and preparing going on, I’m sure. ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~shudder~

      No, I have not yet driven to Kati's place (although there are many things that we'll do for our kids). Fortunately for me though, Kati flew to Maryland! We are enjoying our time together immensely!

      Delete
  3. Oh so sweet. Glad your girl made it safely to your home. We love to make a big pot of soup for travelers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so glad she's here! Yes, soup is good for travelers and it meets the needs of a pregnant mama who needs healthy snacks!

      Delete
  4. A lovely list. We just had a lovely bowl of homemade beef barley soup. With fresh biscuits. Must say I was most grateful for that steaming bowl of goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy . . . both the soup and those fresh biscuits!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...