As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Saturday, August 24, 2013

Blessed With Thirty-Five Years



Earlier this week Ron and I stepped away from the day-to-day, away from the job, away from cooking and cleaning, away from blogging, away from the clock. We stepped away to unhurried time together and a pause for reflection on the thirty-five years we have shared. 

We stayed at a B&B in a quaint little town. We took meandering walks and oohed and aahed over the charming buildings and maritime scenes. We lingered over a scrumptious seafood meal on a dock, mere inches from the water, as ducks swam and waited for crumbs. We poked our heads in a few shops, shared a vanilla-maple-bacon cupcake, and wondered out in search of our evening coffee. 





















And we thanked God for the blessing of years together and for all of His good gifts.







13 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! looks like a wonderful get away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely get away. I love seeing those adorable homes and buildings and that meal looks especially fresh and delicious. I wish you many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!

    I love time away with Tim!

    What a beautiful little town.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy Anniversary to both of you, and what a beautiful celebration it was. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, Cheryl. What a picturesque place to spend an anniversary doing all the things you love. Great photos. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unhurried time two of the sweetest words. So glad that you two were able to leave the busyness behind and have this time together to honor the day and the years and the family and the love and all that God has done in your lives.

    Now enough with the sappy stuff...I want to reach right out and snag that ripe, delicious tomato. Oh yummy looking.

    Ron looks a little anxious about his order. Hope that he got it right. ☺

    Here's to another thirty-five!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary. (That's almost exactly how we like to celebrate ours. I'm not so sure about that particular muffin variety, however....) It looks like a charming village that you visited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary. I'm so glad you got away and it looks like a peaceful place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous celebration! Happy 35th anniversary! Thank you for the tour of that quaint little town. Such fun to explore and take your sweet time! I adore the garden with the white fence and arbor. And look at that vintage blue door! I think I would have been snapping photos like crazy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your anniversary! And I'm so glad you got time together. May the Lord give you many more such times:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pleasant and refreshing was you time together. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary dear Cheryl. What a lovely getaway! Psalm 128 blessings to your family.
    With love
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our 38th a couple of weeks ago. The B&B looks wonderful and the surrounding area so quaint and lovely! Never had a fish taco and would probably have to try one to convince myself they are good...lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...