As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, August 16, 2013

Giving Thanks


Sometimes, there isn't any big thing to say.  Sometimes, it's the little pleasures, small treasures, and simple gifts that have consumed the week...and that is the big thing.  

This was one of those weeks that I have waited for all summer. The calendar was filled with white space. I used the white space to enjoy some lazy mornings and some afternoons of research and planning for our upcoming school year. (I love planning.) God gave cooling breezes, low humidity, and sunny days. I flung open the windows and soaked it all in. 

Some of the little pleasures that have filled my week...


Zinnias on the kitchen table.


Watching Bekah begin and finish a lovely craft project.


Sun filtering through white curtains on the ironing board.


Home grown tomatoes parading across the porch rail.


Furry affection.


A meandering drive through a local town, iced coffees in hand, admiring houses in an older neighborhood.


Having time for a walk, and enjoying a few minutes in this inviting gazebo.



All blessings from my Father...for me...this week. And I am grateful. 

Another week, the rain may fall, the flowers may fade, my time may be filled and my days stressed. There may be sorrow or strife or struggle. Will I recognize that these too are blessings when given from the hand of a loving Father? 


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely week! These are times of refreshment given graciously by our loving Father isn't it? Loved today's post dear Cheryl. Thanks for sharing your wonderful blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such weeks are truly amazing gifts and The Father knows just when to send them. May you have many more and let us, for the love of all that is Holy, not borrow any trouble from tomorrow! Tomorrow will take care of itself.

    Oh have to say that I really loved seeing this picture story...wonderful photos that perfectly illustrated your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surrounded by so many Good Gifts and I think you will see more when these are gone because you have a heart that sees. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures, so peaceful! You have an eye (and a good heart) to see these good blessings:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...