As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, March 21, 2011

Ten Mondays


Today Kati counted the Mondays that she has left in her high school career.  Ten. 

All year, I have been keenly aware of the "lasts."  Her last first day.  Her last math lesson.  The last new composer she'll study.  Her last Christmas vacation.  (You get the picture.) 


This is the girl who began homeschool at age four.  Her older sister and brother were 17 and 15, and Kati begged to "do school" too, so we eased into her school years a bit on the early side.  It seemed like graduation was such a long ways off, and I was glad about that. 

But somehow we are at the end of her senior year and, even though I'm still not ready, graduation is just over the horizon. 

And now there are just ten Mondays. 


3 comments:

  1. I know that feeling, my eldest is in her final year of highschool here in Australia & my youngest will begin kindergarten next year. A chapter closing for one & opening for another. Im happy & sad at the same time for both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im happy & sad at the same time for both of them!

    Yes, Trish, yes! Such a range of emotions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a poignant post, Cheryl. It doesn't seem possible Kati can be graduating! Only ten more Mondays. Before you know it, you'll be saying those words concerning a future wedding or birth of a child, etc. There are just certain moments in our lives when we realize how time passes. This is one of those. Thinking of you (and your mother's heart). Sharing the happiness and the touch of sadness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...