Before we left the beautiful state of Maine, there was a delightful "extra"...
I was able to meet my dear blogging friend, Vee!
I met Vee at her blog A Haven for Vee
about a year and a half ago, and we quickly became friends. Of course, I am not alone in that circle. If you visit Vee's Haven on a regular basis, you know how warm and welcoming her corner of Blogland is. It's like sharing a cup of tea and a good chat with a friend, a friend who loves the Lord.
Over a year ago, when it looked as if Ryan might be moving to Maine, I emailed Vee, and we immediately began a rudimentary plan to meet...if Ryan moved, if we came for a visit, if we could work out the details.
He did, we did, and we did!
On a bright and sunny and cool Maine morning, we got off the interstate and met Vee and (another bonus!) her husband John for brunch at a farmhouse restaurant! Have I already said "delightful"? Well, it was!
Vee is exactly who she is on her blog...warm and welcoming. She is also adorable. (I know her well enough to know that she'll challenge me on this one, but it's true.) She posts so few pictures of herself on her blog, and many of those are artsy "partial" shots, that I was happy to see the real gal in the flesh.
And, yes, we chatted. In fact, the longer we sat there, the more we all chatted!
Vee and I hit it off. And so did these two! Did they talk as much as we did? Maybe so. (Yes.)
While the hubbies talked about everything from soup to nuts, we girls exchanged gifts. Another thing or two about Vee? She is artsy. And so very thoughtful. Using what she knew about us via our blogs, she had carefully chosen such perfect things for each of us.
1) At home, I tried to recreate my gift's artful presentation.
2) For me: a fabulous Maine-y blueberry candle (oh, the scent!) and some lovely tea towels.
3) Perfect in its new home.
4) Although all of the towels are pretty, I think that this one is my favorite. It has sprigs of blueberries and will remind me of our wonderful trip. It will hang here on my oven door this summer.
5) For Ron: oh-so-delicious Maine whoopie pies! (I may have sampled one.)
6) More thoughtfulness...a puzzle for Bekah and Maddie to do together, and a Rachel Field book that we had discussed. Can you believe that it is on our reading list for the next school year? (I hadn't told that to Vee.)
7) More artfully wrapped gifts, these for the girls. On each package was a crocheted doily made by Vee's grandmother! Precious.
(Edited to add: The doilies were not made by Vee's grandmother. Oops. But they did make a beautiful package!)
8) For Bekah: a sweet menagerie of Red Rose Tea animal figurines. Here, Bekah has them arranged on her doily.
9) For Kati: a gorgeous linen table square with cross-stitching in one of Kati's favorite colors.
Vee and I have decided that if we go to Maine again, we must have another get-together. After all, now we are forever friends.
To read Vee's post about our meeting, click ~here~.