As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday Snapshots: A Birthday and More

Brrrrrr...a Sunday afternoon that felt like winter!  The grandkids arrived with layers of sweaters and hats and coats and boots and mittens galore, and I marvel that Kristin and Brian are brave enough to venture out at all during the winter months with all of those extra pieces.  (As our own four children were born over an almost 21 year stretch, I never had more than two little ones at a time who needed help with their outerwear, so I am impressed.)

We spent the afternoon either hovering near the woodstove, or moving away from it to cool off, or cringing as tiny people walked a bit too close for (our) comfort.




We celebrated Brian's birthday (photos 1 and 3) yesterday...with lots of chocolate! Kristin had made a delicious chocolate buttermilk cake. Kati provided brownies with a secret ingredient (I think she plans to blog about it this week). We had cookies-and-cream ice cream. And Brian brought a ginormous box of Russel Stover chocolates that his grandmother had sent him.  (Photo 2: Ben sneaking a peek at that candy!)


(I know...poor us.)


After the party, the children played "jobs."  Bekah printed music.  Maddie was a pet sitter.  Owen had a post office and he and Bekah, Maddie, and Aunt Kati designed oodles of stamps.  Gavin was a banker and made money (5).  Yes, he made money!  

The day ended with another play from the drama team (4).  This one is a serial.  Other acts to come on future Sunday afternoons. 



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collage of photos, Cheryl. Happy Birthday to Brian. Your talk of all that chocolate is making me drool! Looking forward to hearing Kati tell us about her secret brownie ingredient. And I notice Gavin is actually sitting in her lap again! So happy to see a few moments of your cozy Sunday afternoon. Gary tells me the temps tomorrow are supposed to be close to 60.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is a happy family who knows how to have fun together! Such cozy photos of fun activity. Oh, yes, poor, poor folks enduring all that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet family! What fun the kids have together.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...