As the name of my blog indicates, I spend a lot of time thinking about home. Of course, my Heavenly Home is the one that is eternal, so that’s where I need to lay up my treasures, and that’s the one I’m striving for. But in the meantime, I have been given this tiny piece of the here-and-now—this home on the edge of town, this family, this neighborhood—in which to serve Him. And, though this is in the earthly realm, I want the things that happen here to be investments in the Heavenly realm.




Friday, September 5, 2014

A "Real Life" Shot


My daughter Kristin is doing a month-long series of photos of her real life. The idea is to show the imperfect, the real, the glimpses of life that don't always make the blog. 

I am linking up with her today by giving you a peek at my kitchen this morning. The china closet is ready to be filled (I'll share some details next week) and this morning Ron fetched all (we think) of the boxes of seasonal and "extra" dishes from the attic (and since this is real life, I'll confess that boxes of The Grandmother Dishes were in the upstairs hallway), and the task today is to sort and purge and gather dishes/pedestals/trays from other corners of the house and make some sense of this new space. 


We have our work cut out for us!


Linking with Kristin's Real Life...


5 comments:

  1. Personally I LOVE real life posts. Looks like you have your work cut out for you of course, but how exciting to have a new place to store all those dishes that have had to be stored in the attic! Looking forward to seeing the finished project! Enjoy the rest of your week-end too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! I'm heading over to see Kristin's blog now!

    I can't wait to see what your cupboard looks like when you are done! I could easily have a dish addiction

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...real life. Right now my windows are screaming at me and saying "are you ever going to wash us inside and out?" eeek.
    Have fun sorting and arranging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, I love real life posts! :-) I can't wait to see your new dish cabinet. I am a bit of a dish addict! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you'll be thrilled when your dishes are placed in their new home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...